Chapter Twelve

"I cannot leave like that I need time to convince the children and my wife." Manik said. "Yuvraj...wife?" The soldier asked with widened eyes. They were indeed shocked to know that their prince got married suddenly. He was never interested in marriage and used to reject all the proposals Maharaj expressed to him. "I will come later." Manik announced clearly ignoring their question. "We would wait for you near the forest." The soldier said and left after  greeting Manik. Manik calmed himself down and moved back towards the house. On reaching the kitchen, he found Nandini doing something with her  back facing him.  He was about to hug her when Nandini turned and pushed him with full force.

"What's wrong with you?" Manik managed to ask while leaning on the wall for support. "Nandini what happened?" He asked again on seeing her motionless. He tried to approach her but Nandini showed him her hand making her steps coming to a halt. "Maybe I should ask you Yuvraj Manik Malhotra." Nandini said in a bitter tone. "How...how you came to know?" Manik stammered. "Oh that's because I followed you and heard your conversation." Nandini yelled. This was certainly not the way Manik wanted her to know the truth. "What happened now? Don't you have anything  to say?" Nandini taunted him.

All the children came in the kitchen along with Aadrika. They were not used to see Nandini in anger or yelling at someone. "Nandini calm down... you're yelling at your husband." Aadrika scolded her. "Aadrika he lied to me not just me but to all of us. All this time we thought he was Vibhu, a common man who came from the neighbouring village for work but no, he is our Yuvraj." Nandini revealed making them gasped. They could not believe they lived with the prince and ordered him around. "Why did you lie to us? Why did you marry me and what's your purpose."Nandini roared at him. Manik closed his eyes in anger. He never liked it when someone raised his voice at him. No one ever dared to yell at him not even Maharaj but here, his wife was doing it and yet he could not do anything about it. He had to endure her anger and  yelling.

"Are you here to use me and then move back to the palace...in your real world. Why would a prince marry a common girl? Once you get what you want you will go back to marry a princess." Nandini triggered his anger to lash out.
"Keep your mouth shut Nandini! Know what you are saying in front of the children." Manik roared at her making her flinched. "I agree I lied and I hid my identity but I married you because I love you and not for any other reason. I will not leave you in fact you are going back with me. I had come here in this village under the identity of Vibhu to look out for problems. Trust me I have no other intention." Manik said truthfully.

"Those who lie without remorse should not talk about trust and I will not go anywhere with you. I liked vibhu not you." Nandini spat in anger. "Whether you agree or disagree, you love me or hate me... you are my wife and you will come with me." Manik ordered.  "I said I won't go." Nandini said gritting her teeth. "Sweetheart I neither I will leave you nor I would let you go...at any cost." He said sternly. Nandini looked at him, he was no longer the sweet Vibhu anymore but he was speaking like the Yuvraj. However, Nandini chose not to entertain him. "I do not care about what you want...I will not live with a liar and definitely not with the Yuvraj. Either you leave from here or I will go away with my children." She said and moved out of the house in anger. Manik realized that it would be wise to let her be alone for sometime. Meanwhile, he chose to apologize to Aadrika and the children. He wanted them to stay with them in the palace.

Manik apologized to them and explained them about his regular travels to villages to find issues. Aadrika understood him but also tried to explain Nandini's point of view. He remembered the way Nandini had asked him to analyse from two sides but he was determined to bring her in his home. Manik asked Aadrika to come to the palace but the latter was reluctant  but Manik promised that her husband would be informed to come there. The children were afraid to even look at Manik but he promised  them that there would not be any change in their relationship.

"Aadrika I know Nandini will never agree to come with me on her own will...would you please help me to convince her?" Manik requested her. " Do not worry about her, please proceed with the preparation  to go back to Jodhpur palace." Aadrika said and moved out to look for Nandini.

__________________________________________
Nandini's slumber came to an end. Her head was paining like hell. She took the support of the headrest while massaging  her forehead. After a while, she felt better and it was then when she realized the vibe around her was strange as if she was unknown to this place. Frowning, she looked around and found herself on a large bed inside a lavish bedroom with expensive furniture and curtain all around. The room was greater than the house she was living.

Wasn't she in her house? Where is she now and how did she even reach here? Nandini closed her eyes trying to find an answer. All she could remember was that she was crying and Aadrika forced her to have milk and everytime she had woken up, Aadrika gave her milk before she could say anything. Confused, she got up from the bed and started looking for a door. Her hand caused a bowl of grapes to fall down with a loud voice. She immediately got down to pick it up. When she got up, she saw four ladies wearing the same type of saree. "Who are you all? I just dropped a bowl by mistake. I have not done anything.  In fact, I don't even know where am I." Nandini protested. All of a sudden the ladies bend down making Nandini flinched back in fear.