California Dreamin'

California Dreamin'

Finally. Rachel was nearly at the border. After everything she's been through, she was almost there.

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray

Nothing could stop her. Not the cops. Not the weather. Hell, not even Mother Nature could stop her. Nothing is going to get in her way.

I've been for a walk
On a winters day

The whole world could be against her, and yet, Rachel would find a way through it. She was strong.

I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.

Everyday, Rachel keeps pushing herself. No matter how hard it gets, no matter how hurt and exhausted she is. The world would have to kill her to stop her.

California Dreamin'
On such a winters day

Rachel dared anyone to try and stop her. Because no one. Nothing. Could ever make her stop.

Stopped into a church

The blood, the sweat, the fucking tears. Rachel experienced all of it. And it made her strong.

I passed along the way

She gained many scars over the course of her journey. And she was just getting started. In fact, she welcomed more.

I got down on my knees
And I pretend to pray

With the past long put behind her, Rachel was determined to see it through to the end. To get to Long Beach.

You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay

And now... Rachel Amber was stronger than anything. Than anyone. Than the whole world.

California Dreamin'
On such a winters day

And if it ended all right now, there wouldn't be a single regret.

California Dreamin'
California Dreamin'
California Dreamin'
California Dreamin'

Rachel came to a stop at the welcome sign, stopping right at the border. She looked down at the ground, at the imaginary line that marked the end of the Oregon border. She looked back up, looking out at the land before her. She closed her eyes, heavily breathing in.

And continued walking forward.

Welcome to California.