Chapter Twenty Six

Captivity
Kidnapping
Lima Syndrome
Nightmare
Stabbing
Killing
Death
Paralysis
Bleeding Out
Dead body
Begging
Seemingly sexual harassment
compliance

Loki's POV

"NO!" Loki screams as a sword pierces [Y/N]'s abdomen, coming from her back and extending several inches past her front. He was too far away, helpless to save her. [Y/N] is limp against the sword, certainly worsening her wound. The attacker twists his blade, and [Y/N] screams. Loki runs as fast as he can, but she is impossibly far away. The attacker pulls the sword out of [Y/N], and she crumples onto her side on the ground, pressing her hands against her stomach. Finally, Loki is at her side, unable to do anything to stop the attacker who now walks away, as if he's on an evening stroll instead of leaving an attempted murder.

Loki kneels next to [Y/N], hurriedly assessing her wound. "I'm sorry, dearest, I'm sorry, let me help, please," he says frantically, pulling her hands away from her wound to put pressure on both entrance and exit wounds himself.

"Can't, I can't feel my legs," she tells him, voice shaky and quiet.

"I'm so sorry," Loki whispers as he examines the entrance wound, which sliced straight through her spinal cord. "I'm going to heal you, darling. I'm sorry, but this is going to hurt." She nods, closing her eyes and tensing. "Try to relax. Everything will be alright, I swear," Loki says as he starts his spell, speaking to himself just as much as [Y/N]. Despite her wound paralyzing her, and cutting through at least her small intestine. Possibly other organs as well. Even if just her small intestine, the sword probably sliced several sections. And every spell has its limits.

The damage to her spinal cord may be irreparable, and her intestines will be plenty difficult to heal. Loki could get her in a stable condition, at least. Maybe. Then he could take her to the Avengers, and they could help her. Then he would be captured, but that doesn't matter. If he needs to be imprisoned for her to heal, then so be it. But for now, all he can do is regenerate as many of her cells as he can.

As her bleeding slows, Loki conjures medical supplies. "My apologies," he says as he tears part of her shirt off. "The blood on there will seep into the bandages, make it look like you're bleeding through them." [Y/N] nods weakly, only barely holding onto consciousness it seems. Loki carefully lifts her up, leaning her against his chest, allowing him to wrap up her wound. He tightly wraps her in bandages, explaining to her how he can't entirely heal her, but can heal her enough to make her recovery better.

"Ta-take me h-home, please," [Y/N] whispers, stumbling through her words.

"Of course, dearest," Loki answers as he gathers her into his arms and stands. She weakly holds onto his armor, apparently too weak to even loop her arms around his neck. After a second of concentration, Loki teleports him and her inside the hospital-like section of the Avengers' Compound.

"How?" [Y/N] asks, holding onto his armor as tight as she can.

"Yes, I can teleport, though I don't typically advertise that. If this situation weren't so dire, I would ask you to keep this secret," he admits as he sets her down on the operating table as he glances at a security camera pointed directly at him. "Give it about twenty seconds, and someone will be in here."

As he finishes his sentence, the door swings open, and Banner walks in, locking the door behind him. "I'm just going to say it. We're being attacked, and I'm the only one that was able to get in here. Normally you would be in a cell ten seconds from now, but I need someone else here with me in case they make it through that door."