Chapter Eleven

Warnings:
Kidnapping
Captivity
Crying
Non-Consensual Touch (Non-Sexual)
Pet Names
Compliance
Pain
Collapse
Fever
Passing Out
Unconscious
Lima Syndrome

Loki's POV
Day Eight
March 11, 2021

After some time, [Y/N] calms down. One can only panic for so long before exhaustion hits. She continues leaning against Loki's chest and loosely hugging her knees. She quivers somewhat, an aftereffect of the tears she had shed. But she isn't crying anymore, and her breathing has evened out. She hasn't spoken or tried to move away from him. Loki isn't sure if that's because she's too exhausted or because she's too scared to speak or move or because she's too overwhelmed to even think about speaking or moving yet. He decides to wait a few more minutes, not wanting to overwhelm her more. He continues holding her, rubbing her back and stroking her hair.

After not too long, [Y/N] speaks up. "L-Loki?" she asks, so quiet he wouldn't have heard her if he wasn't holding her.

"Yes, dearest?" Loki answers quietly.

Loki feels her fidget nervously. "I, I'm cold, can, can I have a blanket, p-please," she stutters.

It's not that cold, Loki thinks worriedly. Then again, I'm a frost giant, and she's a flame dispensing Inhuman. She and I could have entirely different temperature preferences. "Of course, darling." He reaches behind them for the blanket on the back of the couch. [Y/N] still makes no attempt to move away from him. "Can you move off of my chest? So that I can wrap the blanket around you? You can lean on me again after you're wrapped in the blanket, if you'd like that. If you're too tired to move, I'll help you." Loki makes sure to speak very carefully and quietly in order to not scare [Y/N]. 

"I, I can move," she answers quietly. She pushes away from Loki quickly, pressing in on herself. Loki takes the blanket and gently sets it on [Y/N]'s back. She wraps it tight around herself, and Loki carefully pulls her hair out from underneath the blanket. [Y/N] presses herself against the couch, away from Loki.

"Is that better, dear?"

[Y/N] nods. "Thank you."

"You're most welcome." He watches her as she hugs herself tightly. He lightly rubs her back, hoping to not scare her more. I didn't think I would terrify her by telling her about my visit with her friends. I need to be more careful with her. "[Y/N], darling, would you like me to show you around the house?" 

She looks up at him in confusion. "Can I, am I allowed to go around the house?" Once she finishes speaking, her eyes widen in fear.

"Did you think you weren't?" Loki asks worriedly. [Y/N] nods fearfully. "Oh, dearest, of course you can. Consider this house your temporary home."

[Y/N] visibly relaxes a touch. She looks down at her hands. "Thank you. Can you show me around? Please?" She responds softly.

"Certainly, my darling."

•••

Your POV 

You carefully stand up, drawing the blanket around you. Your legs still feel shaky, but you think you can stand for an extended period of time if you don't push yourself. Walking, you aren't so sure about. You try taking a step forward, and you are somewhat successful. It was less of a step and more of a stumbling limp. At least you didn't fall down.

"Would you like me to help you walk?" Loki asks calmly.

"Yes, thank you." Loki stands and holds out his arm for you. You cling on to him, using him for balance.