Chapter Twenty Seven

Captivity
Kidnapping
Compliance
Lima syndrome
Crying

Hunter's POV

"Not going well?" Hunter asks as he walks towards Bobbi. She is pacing and twirling her batons. Helps her think. She has been interrogating the Watch Dog the hooded man left for them.

"I have him figured out. His life's a mess, probably was divorced at least once, doesn't get along with his family, and it's easier to take his pain out on others than to process it himself. Refuses to acknowledge his choices lead to where he is now, and instead blames others. What I'm trying to figure out is who he's working for. He slipped up earlier and said, "He's waited too long for anything else.'"

"This is personal for someone."

"And they've been unable to get revenge until now."

"Doesn't exactly narrow it down much. For all we know it could be someone Stark fired thirty years ago." Hunter is about to say something else when his phone starts vibrating. He pulls out his phone and looks at it for a second before answering. "Who is this?"

"I don't think we've met before. Natasha Romanoff."

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Romanoff?" Hunter says her name for Bobbi's sake. She pauses her twirling, listening. She gestures to someone outside the door to come inside a second later. Hunter turns around to see Coulson walking in and closing the door behind him. Hunter turns the speakerphone on before Romanoff can start speaking.

"Loki has caused problems lately."

"Not exactly shocking, but didn't you Avengers capture him a few weeks ago?"

"He escaped with a hostage and has dropped off the radar, only a handful of clues about what he wants. We know he must be getting supplies somehow, some of which are illegal."

"And you think he's working with someone like me."

"I'm not accusing you of anything. I doubt whoever's working for him knows who he is. I am only asking for you to keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

Coulson starts typing something on his phone, showing it to Hunter when he is done. "Ask for details, might be connected to watch dogs or hooded man."

"Could you give me some more information? My employer is a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who lost someone in 2012. I'm sure he would be happy to help you. Give me a moment to talk to him." Hunter mutes himself so that the others can talk.

"It's possible Loki is connected to this," Coulson says. "The timeline checks out, and I've had my suspicions. Ask for more information, say there's a small chance he's connected to what we're working on."

Hunter unmutes himself and starts speaking. "Some more information would be helpful. There's a chance we may already be onto him."

"I'll send you the information we have in exchange for your information if you still think there could be a connection."

***

Your POV
Day Thirty
April 2, 2021

You sit on the couch and watch as snow gently falls. About a foot of snow has stuck, and it's supposed to keep snowing for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, you can see the weather for your area on your phone, but you can't see the town. You have no idea what Loki did to your phone to make it so you can't talk to anyone and you can't see certain things. So far, there's only been the one loophole you found earlier. You have used said loophole to ask Tony how any of this is possible, and Tony said he didn't know but was looking into it.