41.

(Pastor Michael's POV)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, at Santana and Brittany's request, please put your phones in airplane mode or turn them off, and please take no pictures or videos of the ceremony. They want you to be as present in their moment as they are. Thank you.

Please be seated.

My name is Pastor Michael, and I have the privilege of performing this ceremony today. On behalf of Santana and Brittany, welcome and thank you for being here. They are thrilled that you are here today to share in their joy during this wonderful moment in their lives. By your presence, you celebrate with them the love they have discovered in each other and you support their decision to commit themselves to one another for the rest of their lives.

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves. If there is anything better than being loved, it is loving. This afternoon we are here to celebrate love. We come together to witness and proclaim the joining together of these two people in marriage. This is the union of two individuals in heart, body, mind, and spirit, Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, honestly, and deliberately. And it is into this union that Santana and Brittany come now to be joined.

Now a reading that I would like to share with you all that expresses the sense of joy and love on this occasion. It is called 'To My Friend': I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good, and more than any fate could have done to make me happy. You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign. You have done it by being yourself. Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all.

Secondly, a reading from the Bible written by St Paul who writes: Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs, but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, love never gives up... Three things remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Santana you have chosen Brittany to be your life partner. Will you love and respect her? Will you be honest with her always? Will you stand by her through whatever may come?"

"I will"

"Brittany you have chosen Santana to be your life partner. Will you love and respect her? Will you be honest with her always? Will you stand by her through what ever may come?"

"I will"

"And do you both promise to make the necessary adjustments in your personal lives in order that you may live in a harmonious relationship together?"

"We do."

"Now in the spirit of joy and affirmation, I want to ask your families and friends a question. Do you, the families and friends of Santana and Brittany, give them your blessing and support this day, wishing them a wonderful life together?"

"We do"

"Santana and Brittany, now we come to your vows which you have decided to write yourselves. May I remind you that saying your vows are one thing but nothing is more challenging than living them day-by-day. What you promise today must be renewed tomorrow and each day that stretches out before you. Will you now please turn and face each other and hold hands, looking at each other."

(Santana's POV)

"Brittany today, I take you to be my best friend, my partner, and my one true love. I promise to show my love daily in words and deeds, to comfort you in times of struggle, and to celebrate with you in times of joy. I promise this today and for all the days of my life. I vow to be grateful for every day I share with you. Some days will be easy, the days - like this day - of joy and new beginnings. Some days will be unbearably hard. In the hard times and easy times, I promise to appreciate your presence by my side. Like this ring I give to you today, let our love be a circle unbroken. Let our love be without beginning or end. Let our love be constant and pure. Let the strength of our union sustain us in times of ill health and ill luck, just as it does in times of great blessing and joy.