46| Yours

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Yours

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 46: Yours (Rowan's POV)

I stared at her as she glanced out the window yet again while we sat at a dinner table in a different restaurant after I spent the entire day showing her the city I grew up in. I knew she still wanted to see all the famous spots, but I took her to some of my favorite places instead. Places I had been with my grandfather, with my mother, with my family when we could still be called one. 

"It wasn't supposed to rain tonight," I stated, stealing her attention. 

"I'm glad it did though. I like the rain," she said, going back to staring at the pitter and patter as each drop hailed down onto the window in the extreme wind blowing outside. 

"You do," I nodded, "I remember."

"What do you remember?" she laughed softly. 

"You getting sick one too many times after you went out to dance in the rain despite your parents warning you not to." 

She chuckled, meeting my eyes. "Of course I did. I would do it now too." 

"You most certainly will not. I can't have you getting sick, I wouldn't know what to do." 

She gave me a mischievous smile. "We'll see." 

We continued with dinner and I was hoping that the rain would stop by the time we finished but unfortunately, it did not. As we left, I pulled her to a halt. "I'll ask a valet to bring the car." She groaned softly as I asked the employee, speaking in fluent Russian, to bring our car over before I handed him the keys. I took my place beside her while we waited. "We still have four days in Russia and if you get sick here, it will not be enjoyable. I have work." 

"I won't bother you if I get sick." 

"That's impossible. I'd be worried every moment I spend away from you." 

She eyed me silently until our car pulled up and I took the keys, opening the passenger door for her, earning her giggles and a "Thank you." 

I rounded the car quickly and climbed in, heading straight to the house. 

Once I parked the car in the driveway and moved to get out, Evie grabbed my hand and stopped me. "Can we just sit here for a while? It feels nice." 

I paused for a moment and then nodded, leaning back and turning the car off, both of us just sitting in silence in the driveway. I rested my head back and turned to look at her while she stared out the window. Taking my time, I took in the sight of her, my eyes slowly moving down and then back up. When they met hers again, she was looking at me. 

She chuckled softly, "What?" 

I shook my head, my heart rate picking up beneath my chest. I took her hand off the console and pressed a kiss to the back of her hand and then the inside of her palm and then wrist when she moved up to touch my cheek. My gaze met hers before I pulled my lips away from her wrist where I had kissed her just above her pulse. Her chest rose and fell steadily with each breath. I tugged at her hand, a wave of urgency hitting me. "Come here."