Forth

I woke up to find some sunlight streaming in. It meant it must be after 10am. I looked towards my left and saw Ming sleeping, his back turned to me. He must have been exhausted, looking after me and thinking about how I had acted, ah, that was embarrassing.

I slowly woke up, took a shower and decided to do some breakfast. It was really the least I could do for Ming. Just as I was in the middle of preparing breakfast, he woke up and walked towards me sleepy eyed. And then my phone rang. He stood at the entrance as I answered it without seeing the CALLER ID and I realized it was Yo.

"Yes, Yo?"

"OH no, I can't. I have plans today." I said looking at Ming's face. I saw him crunch in confusion.

"I'm meeting Ming today. Catching a movie together." Confusion further coloured his face.

"Ah, I didn't tell you? The one I like is Ming. And he agreed so we are kinda dating now." This time, an unreadable expression took over Ming's face.

I hung up on Yo and looked at Ming. "The reason why..."

"It's ok. I know. Don worry. I will keep up the lie."

"Ming..."

Ming just smiled a small smile at me, took his jacket, waiied respectfully and left. I was mortified when he did that. I knew then, that I had royally fucked up.

I quickly took off after Ming who was walking away fast and furious. I managed to catch up with him just before he reached the lift.

I grabbed his wrist but he refused to turn and look at me. Ming just shook his head and pulled his wrist out of my grasp. I knew I had completely blown it. I shouldn't have lied, using another's name.

"I'm sorry Ming.. I didn't mean to lie using your name. I just didn't want to talk to Yo especially after that. I needed a break from him but didn't know how to..."

"So you chose to tell him that you were dating me instead? You know what hurts Forth? That I'm only worth a lie but not the truth. And esp so with someone who is my truth to me."

I gasped and opened my eyes big at this statement. I looked at Ming who was just walking away without even looking back at me.

I guess I really had messed up.