Daddy Darhkest

Once I returned to the Waverider, the team quickly filled me in on the events I had missed. It's a shame I didn't get to say goodbye to Jax. I made a mental note to visit him next time we dock in the present. For now, though, all I could think about was catching up on much-needed rest.

I curled up in my favorite cozy spot, letting the hum of the ship lull me into a deep, peaceful nap.

_______

"Blimey. Whoo, this is one hell of a jam jar you've got here," John Constantine's accented voice cut through the chatter as he and Sara walked onto the bridge.

"I thought we gave the Englishman to the Time Pigs," Mick grumbled.

"That was Rip. This is John Constantine," Sara clarified, pointing to the man beside her.

"Oh, doubtful, mate. You see, I am an accomplished warlock, an expert of the occult, and a master of exorcism," John announced with a grin. "I'm also a Taurus, for those of you taking notes," he added with a wink at Leo.

Ah yes, that's what happened when I was gone, Leonard snart from Earth-X had decided to join us on the waverider.

"The Anansi Totem," John Constantine said, his eyes narrowing as he spotted the artifact on Amaya. "That belongs to..." He trailed off, realizing the connection.

"Her granddaughter. Same totem, different Vixen. She's from 1942." Nate nodded, jumping in to answer John's implied question. "You were saying about that 'warlock' thing?" he asked, giving a look.

"Accomplished warlock, mate," John said with a charming grin. "Well, I am charmed to know another who bears the family name." He offered his hand to Amaya. "It's an honor."

Amaya shook his hand, her expression one of cautious curiosity. "Likewise," she replied.

John then turned his attention to Nyssa. "Ms. Al Ghul, it's nice to see you, luv," he greeted. Nyssa nodded her head in acknowledgment, a faint smile playing on her lips.

"So, what's your story then, handsome?" John asked Leo, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"I'm from another Earth, and I'm spoken for," Leo replied calmly, his demeanor cool and collected.

John raised an eyebrow. "Interesting."

"Yeah, his girlfriend's a guy, like Cap's boyfriend's a girl," Mick interjected, taking a swig of his beer. "Anyway, this is boring. I'm gonna watch TV." With that, Mick turned and left the room, Amaya following close behind.

.

.

.

We all moved into Sara's office, a more comfortable place for our conversation. I nestled in Nyssa's lap, purring contentedly as we listened to John Constantine.

"I broke into the loony bin to perform an exorcism," John began, his voice carrying a weight of urgency. "And while I was at it, that demon called your name, said you'd soon be slipping into the dark. And I figured if Emily's demon knows you on a first-name basis, you might know something that can help me save you both."

"I don't need saving, and I am done fighting demons," Sara said, her tone firm.

"Perhaps this has something to do with the demon we are currently fighting, beloved," Nyssa suggested, gently stroking my fur.

"I was speaking of them metaphorically, but yes, I did recently visit the spirit world. It's a long story, but it's probably how the demon knows my name. And the demon's name is Mallus," Sara explained.