Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Tahirah

Life was going according to plan, just how I always wanted it to be. I had a wonderful life, one that any girl as special as me could ever dream of wanting. If anything could ruin it, it would be that prince. Ever since I got to the palace he's been distant and cold more than his usual self. I knew of his reputation before my parents had me go and meet him, I'd heard he wasn't so keen to others as much as he was to himself. I figured once he met me, he'd find me hard to resist, after all, every man who'd ever crossed my path bent to my every whim. Any man would be lucky to be in my presence, I after all was the most beautiful woman known to man and woman.

I would make prince Tepemkau love me even if I didn't care for him, if anything, I was just in it for the title and the riches. No one really married for love anyway, at least not in these instances but I would assume with time a man and woman would learn to love each other. Ha... Love... What a pitiful word and emotion, what was really love anyway?

I watched Tepemkau from a far a couple of times, pushed myself closer to him every chance I got to make him see what a perfect woman I was. I even managed to have him catch me nude a few times but it never seemed to faze him, he just walked away without even so much as a second glance. No normal man would pass that sort of opportunity up. If anything, they would jump at the chance. I needed to figure out what I could do to draw him in closer to me.

I waited and watched, I studied his every move. It was beginning to become somewhat of a scheduled duty, that was until I found out what he was really doing when he left the palace for so long. The anger I felt build up inside of me, such betrayal I felt, the embarrassment and shame. How could he choose to spend such precious amounts of time with a slave than to spend them getting to know more about me. How could he choose that filth over me, a woman who is far more superior and better looking than she? This was very unacceptable. I would make sure he never saw her again and if he did, I would make him regret it.