Chapter Twenty- Seven

Chapter Twenty- Seven: Eshe

The day was already extremely hot and yet the morning had just begun. I was tired and I didn't feel like going to work today and so, I did something that I never thought I would ever do, I skipped. I left my home as I did every morning but instead of leaving to my station, I headed in the opposite direction and continued to walk not really knowing where I was going. I walked for a few more minutes before I stopped in front of one of the temples of the gods. I looked up at the large temple in amazement. I had always loved the temples of the gods and so, without hesitation I entered. I looked at all my surroundings, the writings that covered each wall told a story of the god. I loved reading them no matter how many times I'd seen them. It was one of my favorite stories. I smiled as I read the familiar story of Osiris.

It was said that Osiris ruled over all of Egypt until his brother Set murdered him out of jealousy and wanted the throne for himself. Once Osiris was out of the way, Set was able to take over the throne. Osiris' wife Isis and a goddess searched for the body of Osiris to bring him back to life but only long enough for Isis to become impregnated with Osiris' child, Horus. It is said that when Isis became pregnant with Horus that it was really Osiris, himself. He was being reincarnated into the body of his beloved son and thus, creating a great threat to Set. Isis was forced to hide her pregnancy from the jealous Pharaoh in order to keep the life of her son and reincarnated husband.

I was getting close the middle of the story when I heard the sound of shuffling footsteps. I spun around to see who had entered and to my surprise it was the prince. My eyes widened as I stared at him, my heart beating hard against my chest. I was almost certain he could hear it through the dead silence lingering in the temple. We stared at one another for another few seconds before the silence was broken. "I've been searching for you... I needed to see you. I cannot take this any longer, I need to hold you in my arms; I need to feel your soft skin against mine." The tears began to fill my eyes and I couldn't help but allow them to fall as I took in his words. Oh how badly I wanted to hear those words. I wished I could let him, I wished so badly that things weren't like they were but we couldn't help our positions and so, without a word I walked towards the entrance hoping to the gods that he would allow me to leave.

Just as I thought I was in the clear, I felt the tight strong grip on my arm pull me back and into a tight embrace. My breath caught and I could no longer move, I was frozen in time and space. I could only feel his warmth against mine. I could hear the sound of his heart fluttering against his chest. What a wonderful sound it was. The tears began to flow more freely now as we stood this way. I sighed and pushed myself away from him but he only held me tighter. "W-we can't do this... If we get caught we will both be killed." He shook his head. "No, I won't allow that to happen. I will not allow you or anyone else to get hurt, I promise you. Just please... Please don't leave me anymore." I sighed against him pressing my face into his chest as I hugged him tightly. Oh how I missed his strong embrace. I missed this dearly and so, I kept my mouth shut and allowed us this sweet embrace, one I knew would soon come to an end if we were to be caught by anyone. It was only a matter of time before someone walked into the temple and saw us like this but until that happened, I wouldn't say a word. I will stand here with my prince wrapped tightly in my arms and I wrapped tightly in his. This is how it should be, and this is how it will be until one of us stops breathing...