00 PROLOGUE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   ☀︎   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ☀︎ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MIYAGI CITY. IT WASN'T exactly known to be but particularly. well, not until the past few years, that is.

the place went from a small country-folk filled town with nothing to a big shot city with busy people and tall buildings in such a short time span.

nobody really knows why it happened, but it did. more job opportunities opened up for people, small businesses grew drastically, and prices raised.

there were complaints at first, but once the people adjusted, they were fine.

unfortunately, there were those within the people that refused to acknowledge the benefits and grew angry. riots started, the crime rate heightened, and now people refused to stray from the city lights at night, terrified of what lurked in the shadows.

money-hungry people who were desperate. drunks who didn't know how to keep their hands from themselves. teenagers who thought that bullying or causing harm in any way was 'fun'.

the list went on. people do bad things, and that would never be untrue for as long as humans would exist.

evil only ever came from those who can't control themselves yet craved to control others.

that was the unfair truth of life.

and that much became clear to y/n and shoyo hinata in their second year.

☀︎

"ow!! what the hell was that for?!" someone said, rubbing the back of his head in pain.

"it says "do not touch", idiot! read the damn signs before you start putting your hands on things." the boy beside him argued.

"yeah well, you didn't have to hit me. I have a sensitive skull..." shoyo pouted.

the two boys were walking side by side as they trailed behind their other classmates, 'silently' observing all of the historical paintings.

"quit arguing, you're gonna get teach mad. hasn't she already called you out for being loud like 4 times?!" a girl whisper shouted, dragging both teens by their ear. she had been walking behind them in attempts to keep the two out of trouble.

clearly, it wasn't working.

the two in front of her flinched, they were unaware that y/n was behind them while they were goofing off.

"ow ow ow ow ow! okay okay calm down we'll stop, we'll stoppp!" the ginger whined, attempting to be as quiet as possible so he didn't get her in a sour mood.