09: Back to London

WARNING: LIGHT SWEARING!

The rest of the week in Amsterdam is amazing. You and Villanelle have a fantastic, and somewhat romantic, time.

The flight back to London is nice. You sit there with her, talking and laughing about your trip. "Next time, I get to decide where we go." you demand. "Next time?" she asks, shocked. "Well yeah, this was amazing." you answer. "You can't tell me this was a one time thing."

The two of you had managed to go the entire time without kissing once, but as soon as you both hop off the plane, it all changes. "Sweet, sweet London. Can't believe it's-" Villanelle starts. You cut her off and kiss her. The kiss lasts a good 10 seconds but you get interupted by Konstantin.

"Well, it looks like that went well." he says stating the obvious. Shocked, Villanelle stands there and nods. "It was amazing." you say, speaking for the both of you. Konstantin laughs then helps you and Villanalle with your bags.

You guys had managed to bring an extra suitcase or two worth of clothes and other items home. Konstantin drives both Villanelle and yourself to your apartment. Once inside, you and Villanelle put your stuff in your bedroom and head into the kitchen.

"What's the time?" you ask, boiling the kettle. Villanelle looks at her watch. "4pm." she states. "Okay. I need to go shopping." you tell her. "I'll come." she replies eagerly. A slight smile appears on your lips but you try to ignore it.

"What do you want to drink?" you ask her as the kettle finishes boiling. "I'll have whatever you're having." you nod and grab two tea bags. "A herbal it is then." she nods and slumps back into the couch.

"I know I've already said this, but thank you. Turns out I really needed this trip." you say, handing her a cup. She thanks you as you sit next to her. "The kiss..." she starts. "Did you mean it?" she asks. You look up at her. "What do you mean?" you ask her, confused. "I mean, was it genuine and not just as thanks."she explains.

You place your drink down then place hers down for her. She looks into your eyes and you shift towards her. You grab her hands and hold them in your own. "Yes Villanelle, I did mean it. I mean't every second of it."

Your words manage to bring tears to her eyes. You let her hands do and slither your own around the nape of her neck. You pull her forward and rest your forehead against hers. "Every single second."

She pulls away and rests her hands on your cheeks. She pulls you in and peaks her lips against yours. You smile and pull her in futher. With every breath that the two of you share, the more you come to love her.

A minute or so later, you pull back, completely out of breath. Villanelle giggles at your panting but keeps her hands stationary. "Right, drink up. We need to go get groceries."

As you and Villanelle climb into your car, you stop and look at her. "Wait, what day is it?" you ask, knowing the answer. "Sunday." she replies. You grunt and throw your head back. "Fuck, I thought it was Saturday. Are you bloody kidding me?" you moan.

At the store, Villanelle pushes the cart as you grab the groceries. "Come, this way." you say, leading her around. She watches as you grab things and chuck them in the cart. You grab all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Multiple types of bread and muffins get thrown in. Crackers and pasta make it in too.

You still have sauces and herbs in the pantry so you only need the basics. "Righto, that's all we'll need- just kidding, we need milk." you make one last stop to get the milk then head to the checkout.

Villanelle watches as you load up the car then walks with you to return the cart. "I've noticed that you spend a lot of time watching people." you tell her. "No, not really. Just you." she answers. "Oh, so I'm special." you laugh. She laughs and climbs in the car.

On the way home, you look at the time. 4:57pm. "Hm, while we're here, what do you want for dinner. We can get something and take it home." you suggest. "Ooh okay. What about...sushi?" Villanelle asks. You agree and pull into the foodcourt parking lot.

You buy the sushi and continue the drive home. Once at home, you turn on the T.V and eat. Together, you both watch 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown. You talk, laugh, and occasionly choke for the next hour.

After you and Villanelle have cleaned up and unloaded the groceries, you grab blankets and turn on a movie. This time you watch Draclua Untold.

During the movie, you manage to drift off to sleep. Villanelle turns of the T.V and the lights. She lifts you to bed and tucks you in, planting a kiss on your forehead. Trying her best not to wake you up, she writes you a note and places it on your bedside table.

Upon leaving, she locks the door and calls Konstantin.