13: York

TW: STRONG LANGUAGE!

The rest of the weekend goes smoothly. Once the train pulls into the York station, you grab your belongings and get off the train. Villanelle follows.

"What's the time?" she asks, yawning. You glance at your watch. "Eleven. Come, follow me." you answer. She follows you once again.

You leave the station and take to the streets. "Where are we going?" Villanelle asks, shifting beside you. "Somewhere." you reply, giving her nothing.

After what feels like an hour of walking, you arrive at your desination. "The Shambles." you sigh with a smile. Villanelle looks at you confused.

You grab her free hand and lead her through the labyrinth of pathways.

After zigzaging around an uncountable amount of people, you pull her into a shop. "Boom, lunch time." you exclaim.

Puffing, Villanelle sits at the closest table she can. "How do you have so much energy? We've been up since 5!" she pants. You smile and place your suitcase beside hers.

"What do you want to eat?" you ask, clutching your wallet. "Whatever you have, I'll have." she replies. You nod and walk up the the counter.

"Hi, can I please order a basket of curly fries, a basket of garlic bread, two grilled beef burgers, and two medium Chai's?" you order. "Of course. What table?" the waitress complies. You glance in Villanelle's direction. "Table number 24."

Once the food arrives, Villanelle digs straight in. "Damn girl, hungry?" you ask, sipping your drink. She doesn't answer. You laugh.

As you're both finishing the food, your phone rings.

"Hello?" you say, lifing the phone to your eat. "Y/n, it's Konstantin. Is Villanelle with you?"

You lock eyes with Villanelle. "Yes...is everything okay?" you ask, suspicious. "I've got news. I don't want you to freak out." he starts. You don't answer.

"Do you know of the twelve?" he asks, zero tone in his voice. You pause. "I've heard talk of them at work. Why?" you push.

"Promise not to freak out?" he coaxes. "yes, now tell me!" you force. "Before I tell you, I need you to know that I'm telling you this because I know that Villanelle will be cautious with this information if it comes from your mouth."

You breathe in sharply. "Konstantin, tell me right now." you say. Those words bring Villanelle eyes up. They fix on you.

"The twelve have supposedly hired an assassin to kill Villanelle." he explains. Your eyes dart to hers. Your hearts races. "W-what. Why?" you ask, your breathing speeding up.

"Y/n, breathe." Villanelle says. It's almost as if she knew what he told you. You take a deep breath and collect yourself. "Why have they done this?" you ask him.

"They have some suspicion that you're with her. They think she's a threat to you." he informs. Confused, you pause to process the information. "Threat to me? How? Why?" you ask. "I don't know. You two need to get back to London now."

You look at Villanelle. She looks at you. "We're in York. We'll leave now." you tell him. Upon hearing those words, Villanelle grabs her bag and drink then stands. You do the same.

As you both hurry to the station, Villanelle grabs your arm. "Y/n, what was that about?" her thick accent rings in your ears. "Y/n!?"

"The twelve..." you start. Her expression drops. She pulls you into an empty alleyway. "They know about us, about our relationship."

She looks at the floor and kicks a broken bottle. "Shit! Are you fucking kidding me?" she yells to herself. She takes a breath and looks at you.

"How could they know?" she asks, calmer than before. "I have no idea. Nobody knows apart fr-" you start. She gribs your arm. "Who Y/n, who?" she forces.

You gasp. "Carolyn and Eve had suspected that you followed me to Amsterdam. What if they think you're following me still?" you cry.

"That's a posibility. We need to get back to London, Now!" Villanelle grabs your arm and you both hurry to the station.

Once on the train, you call Konstantin. "We're on our way back now. Do you know how people know about Villanelle and I?" you ask. "No, I have no idea. Once you get back, meet me at this location."

Konstantin ends the call then sends you a picture. Confused, you show Villanelle. "I'm assuming you know where this is." you tell her. She nods and puts her head in her hands.

"Vee, everything is going to be okay." you say. No reply. You grab her hand and rub her thumb, your thumb rubbing over her rings.

You spend the next two hours in silence. Villanelle's head still resting on her hand, you gazing out the window.

Once the train arrives in London, Villanelle calls a cab and you make your way to the destination. "The past month and a bit has been so chill. Why does it have to turn to shit now?" Villanelle asks, looking out the window.

You place your hand on her thigh. "Everything is going to be okay. Take a breath." you say. She sighs and looks back out the window. "I hope you're right."