11: Trip to Edinburgh

Thursday rolls around fast. You had talked to Villanelle over the phone multiple times, but you hadn't seen her in person since Monday.

As you're about to leave and go home for the weekend, you walk into the conference room where Carolyn and Eve are. "Hey, I'm going to Edinburgh for the long weekend so I won't be able to come in." you tell them.

They nod and you leave, calling Villanelle on your way out.

"Villanelle, are you with Konstantin by any chance?" you ask, climbing into your car. "Yes, I am. Why?" she replies. "Good. Where are you?" you say, avoiding her question. "At Cubana's. Why y/n?" she pushes. "Stay there. I'll be there in 5." you tell her hanging up.

You know for a fact that she's confused but that excited you. Once you arrive at Cubana's, you search for Villanelle and Konstantin. You find them and set next to Konstantin. "So, how'd you hold up?" you ask, confusing them both.

"What do you mean?" Konstantin asks, sipping his drink. "I made a deal with Villanelle." you start, looking at him. "Really? Go on." he says. "I said, if she can go a week without murder or harm I'd take her to Edinburgh." you finish.

Konstantins eyes widen as he looks at Villanelle. "So, how'd that go?" he asks her. She leans on the table, with a smirk. "I did it. No murder or harm for the past two weeks." she says proudly. You clap, slightly surprised.

"So, when are you two lovebirds going?" Konstantin asks, leaning back into his seat. Villanelle looks at you. "Tomorrow and we get back Monday." you explain. "Since it's a long weekend, I figured it would be perfect."

The chat doesn't last too much longer. You make your way home and start packing. It is going to be an eventful weekend. That night, you book your stay and go to sleep.

The next morning, you wake early and climb out of bed. You shower and get dressed into something casual. The train ride to Edinburgh is going to be about 5 hours so you want to be comfy.

You make some breakfast and sit at the kitchen table to do some leftover work. As you're eating, your phone vibrates; it's Villanelle, or as you have set, Adrienna Diaz.

"I'm ready. What time are we leaving?" the text reads. You look at the time. "Meet me at me apartment in 20 minutes. We leave at 10." you text back. Villanelle replies with a thumbs up.

You finish your food them quickly wash and dry the dishes. You collect your gear and wait for Villanelle to arrive. While you're waiting, you double check everything.

You had gone through your luggage last night so you know that's fine.

Phone? Check.
Wallet? Check.
Keys? Check.

You have everything. As you zip up your handbag, someone knocks at the door. You walk over and open it; it's Villanelle. You smile and shift for her to come in. "My stuff is down stairs with Konstantin. He said he'd drop us at the station." she says. You nod and grab your suitcase.

Once at the station, you both say your temporary farewells to Konstantin then board the train. "How long is it to Edinburgh?" Villanelle asks, placing her bag beside her. "About 5 hours." you inform her. "Oh okay. Any stops on the way?" she answers with another question. "On the way there, no. On the way back, yes. We'll be stopping in York for a bit." you explain.

The trip over is peaceful. You both get lunch on the train so you aren't starving when you arrive. "So, ladies. What will you have for lunch?" a waiter asks. "I'll get the turkey salad wrap please." Villanelle anwers in a fake accent. You look at her with surprise. "I'll get the ham salad wrap please." you say.

Once the waiter leave, you lean on the table, looking Villanelle dead in the eyes. "Nice accent. German?" you ask. "Dutch." she smiles. You roll your eyes and laugh.

After lunch, you pull out your laptop. "So, this...is where we're staying." you say, turning it to face Villanelle. She examines the photos. "Wow, nice place." she says. "One bed?" You look at her confused. "Yeah. We've shared a bed before. Why stop now?" you reply. She shrugs her shoulders and you laugh.

Once the pair of you arrive in Edinburgh, you collect your gear and hop off the train. "What's the time?" Villanelle asks, stretching. You pull out your phone. "Just gone 3." you tell her. She nods and you both leave the station.

You call over a cab and make your way to the Motel. Once at the Motel, you grab your stuff and check in. Your room is stunning. The bed is lovely and everything is clean.

"Let's get someone to eat. I'm starving." Villanelle says. "Check the fridge. I said to stack it with food and drinks." you tell her. She heads over to the fridge and pulls it open. It's filled with all sorts of goodies. She grabs a water and a fruit salad then sits back down.

At 5:30pm, the pair of you head down for dinner. After a lovely meal, you head back to your room and get ready for bed.