Chapter 9

It was the middle of the day, Celeste was sitting in the chair beside the bed as Octavia had fallen asleep. Deciding to stretch her legs Celeste got up and grabbed her purse before making her way out of the room quietly. she walked to the nurse's station where a couple of nurses were sitting.

"I'm just going to step out for a moment, if she wakes up and is looking for me I'll be right back" the two nurses nodded to her with a warm smile. Celeste made her way to the elevator and press the button to go down, She looked at her phone still no call or message from Aaron. Celeste got in the elevator that brought her to the lobby where the door's open someone dressed in all black almost made her fall as he bumped into her trying to get in the elevator.

"Watch it!" she let out as she didn't even look back and made her way towards the exit.

The sun was high and warm, Celeste decided to call her boss herself. she found his name and press the button, putting the phone to her ear she waited. on the second ring it picked up.

"Hotchner" he said with his deep voice.

"it's Celeste, just checking up how is it going over there" she let out as she looked around as people were going to work or coming out, or people coming to visit a love one.

"The police went to Ryan's house and his work he wasn't there, Morgan and Dave are looking into other places that his coworker and friends said that he might be at, I'm on my way back to you incase he..." Celeste's heart stoped in her chest as she quickly turned around and looked at the building, she sundlely felt neausous.

"Celeste you there?" she heard.

"Aaron, you need to get here fast" she said as she hung up and started running back inside. Celeste wasnt going to wait for the elevator, but instantly regreted her decision to take the six flight of stairs.

Getting to the six floor Celeste shoved her phone in her purse and took her gun out, she open the door and slowly walked in the hall with her gun pointed down in front of her. she slowly and quietly made the corner and saw no one at the nurses station, as she got closer she saw the two nurses that were there when she left hiding under the desk, they both looked at her with a scared look on their faces. Celeste dropped her purse and looked towards Octavia's room where the curtain around the bed was close.

Pushing any hesitation that she had, Celeste slowly walked towards the room. walking in she slowly let out a breath before reaching for the curtain and pulling it open, Celeste was faced with a man standing over her best friend with his hands wrapped around her neck. the man had short brown hair and medium build. he was on the shorter size as for height, he looked at Celeste with a smile that made her skin crawl.

"It took you long enough" he let out, Celeste locked her elbows as she pointed the gun at him.

"I really thought I was going to get caught at the elevator when I bumped into you" he then said.

"Ryan it's over, let her go" Celeste said her voice as calm as she could keep it.

"You were going to turn her againts me" he said as he looked down at Octavia and started squeezing her wind pipe.

"You did that all by yourself Ryan" Celeste took a step forward.

"He told me that I wouldn't get caught" Ryan said with anger in his voice as he squeezed tighter. Celeste looked at Octavia who was not trying to fight her way out of his hold.

Without thinking twice, Celeste hurried around the bed and jumpped on Ryan who let go of Octavia and swung his body around so Celeste would let go, Celeste fell off and slid across the floor. She quickly got up and got into a fighting stanse. Ryan looked at her and let out a chuckle.