Trust🥀 Kokushibo/Michikatsu x Reader

( this was requested by @LadyYearnettes )

🌩Angst/Fluff☁️
Third Person:

There was hard trust in your marriage. Being a housewife was easy to you, but it wasn't easy to know you didn't feel trusted by the one person you loved.

Michikatsu was a childhood friend of yours. Your fathers had gotten along well easily by the two of them study swordsmanship. Michikatsu who was learning the arts of a sword benefited from this. But he also benefited to know you were going to be his future wife.

Your fathers had arranged this marriage for the two of you for a while, until you had gotten older the two of you were fond of each other greatly.

And that's when love entered, and it was a true match make.

But ever since he became a demon slayer, you had felt lost in contact with him.

He had worked harder than usual and trained more often. You didn't know what a demon slayer was, so you took it as it was some sort of special samurai.

But you were wrong..

The two of you were distant lately and it was hurting your heart.

You wanted answers. To know why he ignored you now, to know why he was coming home late.

The following day you sat on the engawa of your home. It was winter, and the cold weather affected your frail body. You were born very weak, weaker than a normal human.

You'd get sick sometimes and when you did, it would affect your body greatly.

You sipped some tea and watched the small clumps of snowflakes fall.

The scenery was beautiful. You felt like you could get lost in all this.

You heard some footsteps behind you. You turned to see your dear husband standing before you.

"My dear, what are you doing here? You know how badly the weather affects you.." He said, he knelt down to your height as you continued to stare at the falling snowflakes.

"I know..." You sipped more of your tea and looked down slightly.

You husband sense the hint of sadness coming off of you.

"Is there something you wish to talk about?" He asked you directly and sat next to you.

You thought for a moment, if you wanted to confront him about his ignorance towards you. But at the same time, you didn't want to feel selfish..he was fighting for you and for people. Being a samurai wasn't as easy.

"No.." You said and looked away.

"Alright then..Just make sure your back inside soon, I don't want you to get sick." He then left you to sit with your anxiety.

You closed your eyes and felt hot tears flow down your cheeks..

'Why did this happen...where did I go wrong..?'

————————————————————

More and more distant grew between you two. You felt isolated and alone.

Not feeling loved or having no purpose. You knew you had to do something about it..hopefully..

Upon with a sudden day had falled you were making curry for dinner. As you rinsed the rice and boiled it in a pot you awaited for it to finish cooking.

That's when you heard a knock on your door.

With curiosity peaking your interest you took off your apron and approached the door.