Prologue

Yuki Sakamaki. The third oldest of the Sakamaki siblings, she's also the only girl. Daughter of Beatrix and Karl Heinz. Like Reiji, Yuki was ignored and neglected but she never minded though she would spend time with her half brother Subaru and his mother, Christa. Christa was more of a mother than Beatrix ever was to Yuki. Hell they even looked alike, their hair were both white, their faces round almost identical, but Yuki shared her mother's eyes.

"You are such a beautiful girl, a little princess." Christa held the 5 year old as she looked from her tower. The bright waxing gibbous moon shined down at the two. Subaru slept away while his half sister laid in his mother's arms, he never minded Yuki being with her, he was only 4, he didn't understand.

Yuki's blue eyes started to close as Christa started to ramble off to her. "Your mother should treat you better, that devil father doesn't even acknowledge your existence. How do people so evil, have such sweet, innocent, beautiful children? When you're older Yuki, kill your father for me, and Subaru will kill me."

The soon 6 year old wasn't listening anymore, her eyes started to flutter close, Christa smiled and kissed the young girl's forehead. "Good night my little snow flake."

Next day

"Big brother Shu!" Yuki screamed running after her older brother.

Shu stopped in the front of the garden under the mansion's pillars and turned towards his little sister. "Yuki? Whats wrong?"

The white haired vampire stopped running and trying to catch her breath. Only a few feet from the blonde, the two came eye to eye. Blue to blue.

"We should go play today! I never see you anymore and its a very special day after all." The young girl smiled at her older sibling.

It was her birthday and all she wanted to was to spend time with her brothers. Shu looked at the ground the back at his sister, he had totally forgot. Beatrix wanted him to study with her, but he didn't want to make Yuki upset. "I..Sure. Lets go catch some butterflies." The blonde grabs her hand and they run through the large rose garden.

White butterflies flew around looking as if they were white rose petals blowing in the wind. The two kids ran around the garden, trying to catch the tiny insects. "I got one! I got one!" Shu yelled cupping his hands together, running to his little sister.

"Can we keep it?" Yuki looked at the 8 year old.

"We can't, he has his own family and they would like to see him again. They would be sad if he just disappeared." Shu released the beautiful creature into the blue sky. Yuki waved 'good-bye' to their new friend. "Bye Mr.Butterfly!" she yelled before turning to her brother. "Brother, would you miss me if someone took me away?"

Shu pulled his sister in for a hug. "Of course! I would come and look all over the world for you." Yuki smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you!"

Before they could go play again, the siblings saw their mother. "Shu!" Beatrix didn't look very happy to see her children, she grabbed Shu's hand and looked at Yuki. " What are you doing Shu? You're supposed to be studying!" She yelled.

"Mother..its my fault. I just wanted to spend time with my brother. I didn't know he was supposed to study. I'm sorry, forgive me." Yuki bowed towards her mother.

Shu looked at her with a sad expression, he would have to thank her later.

"Yuki, Shu is going to be the next heir, he can not simply play around. Now lets go Shu!" Beatrix walked off pulling Shu behind her.

Tears brimmed in the young girl's eyes. Her own mother had forgot her birthday. Before Yuki could let the tear escape, a butterfly flew by and landed on her nose, she smiled and gently blew away the insect.

As the insect flew away, Yuki realized how free the butterfly was, how careless. It was beautiful.