Chapter 14

~11 years ago~

Yuki hummed away as she watered the white roses in the garden. It was the day before her birthday and she went about her day like she always did. The sky was blue, not a cloud in sight, it made the day feel better.

The sun light bounced off the water drops on the rose petals making them look in even more beautiful. More brighter.

"Big sister Yuki!" Yuki turned away from her flowers to see her youngest brother Subaru making his way over to her sister.

Yuki smiled at the 3 year old and bent down to his height. 

Even though they didnt share the same mother, Yuki's feelings for her brother didn't waver. She's too young to understand the complicated side of her family. The hate between the wives, and how her and her brothers and her were all different.

"Subaru what are you doing out here without mummy?" Yuki placed the watering canister down and looked at Subaru. 

Subaru's white hair slightly covered his eyes when he looked down at the concrete ground. "I wanted to see you Yuki. I like looking at your flowers, they're pretty."

Yuki stood up and took her brother's hand. "Would you like to help me water them?" 

He nodded frantically with a big smile on his face. "Yes please."

Yuki led him to the east side of the rose garden and handed him the canister. "Alrighty, make sure you dont give them too much water, just the right amount will make them happy roses."

Subaru nodded looking at the roses with great concentration. He tilted the watering canister  to the perfect angle and watched as the water escaped the tiny holes and onto the dirt. He was amazed at how the soil soaked up all the water he poured. 

"What happens after that Yuki? Why arent they getting bigger?" He pouted.

Yuki giggled. "It takes time silly. The water helps them stay pretty so they wont die." 

"Are you going to die Yuki?" The white haired boy looked up at his older sister.

"No silly. Im not a flower." She giggled.

"But youre pretty and the flowers are pretty." 

 Before Yuki could say anything else, she heard Christa call out for the children, wondering where they were.

"We need to head inside now before mummy worries."

"Mommy always worries. How come you have two mommies Yuki?" Subaru asked as they made their way towards the mansion.

"One mommy to tell me what to do and the other mommy who gives me hugs and kisses."

***

Yuki sat in the library looking through the photo albums once again. She looked at how much resemblance her and her mother actually shared. Their bone structure and their eyes. They were more similar than she thought.

Her fingers ran across the picture of Beatrix with Shu and Reiji. She looked to see herself as in infant resting in her mother's arm. Beatrix had a smile on her face, one you would never see. She looked happy as she looked down at her newborn daughter.