Chapter 7

Yuki's whole world was spinning and going out of control. When the spinning finally stopped, she felt her feet touching the ground again.

"You're really a troublesome girl." Shu sighed stepping away from her. "You actually made me come this far."

Yuki finally opened her eyes. The sight that met her not only elated her, but surprised her as well. Shu had brought her all the way out to the lake.
Words could not describe just how happy she was. Yuki filled her lungs with the sweet scent of the air around her, wiggling her feet to feel the grass between her toes.

A giggle of delight left her mouth as she started to jump and run around. The cool wind rustling through her hair, the sound of the water in the lake. It was was marvelous. Beautiful. Yuki looked back and saw that Shu had now retired resting beneath a beautiful willow tree. He looked adorable while sleeping, the way his beautiful blonde hair fell on his perfectly carved face. His features looked so relaxed.

Yuki walked towards the lazy vampire and snuggled close to him. He shifted to a more comfortable position and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer to his body. Yuki sighed, relishing every moment of being near her big brother. When they were young it was very difficult for them to be together in such peace. Shu would always be busy and would almost have no time for Yuki at all.

The white headed girl snuggled closer, breathing in the sweet scent of Shu as she lightly ran her hands across his chest, up to the choker on his neck.
"What are you listening to?" She giggled.

Instead of replying, Shu removed one of his ear plugs and handed it to his sister. The sound of the violin welcomed her.
It brought back memories.

2 years ago

"Ryan I'm bored!" The 15 year old walked into her butlers room.

The tall brunette smirked slightly as he ran his fingers across an old wooden violin. Yuki looked over his shoulder. "What are you doing?"

Ryan stood straight up and looked at the young girl. "I found an old violin while investigating the fire at a village that happened 9 years ago."

Yuki plopped down on his bed causing her hair to fly up a bit. "I remember that village," It was close to her old home. "Is there a name on it?"

Before he could answer, she picked up the slightly burnt instrument. Shu flashed in her mind. All his violin lessons she would watch in secret, enjoying her brother's melodic strokes across the violin.

Yuki shook her head and flipped the violin over to see the back. A name written in sloppy cursive was on it. "Edgar." She said as she ran her fingers across the print. Tears welled in her eyes.

"Is the top merciless killer about to cry?" Ryan teased, picking the instrument out of her grasp.

Yuki threw herself back onto the bed, flopping down and staring up at the ceiling. "I had a friend who was close to a boy name Edgar. That friend would sneak away from home just to go see him. I wonder if it's the same Edgar."

Silence welcomed the room. Nor teen or butler spoke. Ryan looked at his young mistress then down at the violin. He picked it up and the bow and started playing. It was an old song he remembered his mother used to sing.
A beautiful sound filled Ryan's dimly lit room. Yuki listened closely to the melody, she had heard the song before. She hasn't heard a violin play in a long time. Sure she had went to balls but they were just missions, they would all end up in screams as she slit the throat of her target.

Shu. She thought. Her oldest brother played violin and piano. Piano, Laito.
Her brothers came in her mind making her eyes water again.
Ryan's song drew to an end. His eyes fell on the 15 year old. He smiled down at her. "Happy Birthday Yuki."

But it was too late, the young girl was fast asleep.

"This is my favorite part," Said Shu. "Listen carefully."

Yuki listened as the song went to a climax. She wanted to know everything about this man, to know so thoroughly that she felt apart of him. 11 years is a lot of time for a person to change.

That was all she truly wanted.

As the song drew to a close, Shu's grip on Yuki tightens.
"That was nice." She said looking up at her brother.

He didn't look at her, but instead at the lake. "We couldn't find you in the morning, we look everywhere in the house for you but you just weren't there. Mother suggested you drowned in this lake. We never saw your body so of course we were suspicious but I was young. I didn't understand."

Yuki fought against his grip. "But you never looked for me like you promised."
Shu's grip loosened making Yuki slip out and stood up.
"You never left this house to look for me! None of you! I thought I was going to die!" She shouted.

Shu stayed calm, his eyes were closed like he wasn't paying her any mind. "You're too noisy."

Yuki looked at her brother in disgust. "You really are a good for nothing bastard! I hate-" Before she could finish, Shu teleported crashing his lips on hers. Yuki gasp causing him to slip in his tongue.

Yuki tried to push him away but Shu was stronger than her. After a few seconds of struggling, she just gave in, kissing him back.

That was just who they were.

Siblings.