Chapter 4

Silence. The only sound was of the limousine making its way to Ryoutei Academy. All the brothers were quiet, Yui as well, sitting next to Ayato made her shift in her seat.

Yuki was seated between Shu and Subaru, across from her was Reiji. His eyes flashed between her and the latest book he was reading. His stare made her uncomfortable, knowing she cant interact with her oldest brother. Reiji's jealously of Shu began with their mother and now extended to their only full blooded sister.

"You have classes with Shu, I expect nothing but the best from you Yuki." Reiji says kinda strained.

"Okay." Yuki replied with looking at him. "Teddy, doesn't big sister look a little off? Her face looks flushed." Kanato said looking at his stuff bear. Yuki had her hands in her lap, she was thinking about her last day in the Sakamaki household.

11 years ago

A young Yuki was still chasing after the white butterfly. A big smile on her face as she ran, stretching her arm to the small insect.

"Come here Mr. Butterfly! I almost got you!" She said, her fingers tips close to brushing against the butterfly. Just as she was about to catch it in her hands, Yuki's shoe got caught under a rock causing her to fall onto the concrete floor.

"Ow." she cries out. Her knee has been scrapped and was on the verge of bleeding.

Reiji had been walking through the garden, he had a book tucked under his arm. He had memorized it for his mother and was on his way to show her now.

As he was walking through the rose garden, he heard a brief sniffling

His sister was crying.

"Yuki are you okay?" He approached her.

Yuki looked up to see her brother looking at her with concern eyes. "I fell and now I cut my knee." She sniffled.

Reiji rolled his eyes and pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket. "You are so clumsy." He dabbed the cut lightly, causing Yuki to wince. Blood covered the cloth slightly causing Reiji's eyes to get darker. "Wait here, don't move." He said before he ran off.

Tears brimmed in Yuki's eyes as she looked up at the clear sky. Vampire children don't develop their powers at such a young age. They can't heal as quickly or not feel pain, they can't teleport and didn't get a heavy thirst of blood. They were almost like humans.

Reiji had returned with a bottle of clear liquid and a band-aid. "It's your birthday today. Am I correct?"He said damping his hanker chief .

Yuki nodded as her brother wiped the cut. "It stings." She winced. Reiji applied the band-aid and gave it a slight kiss. "There all done."

The third Sakamaki smiled and hugged her brother. "You're the best Reiji! I love you." Reiji lightly blushed and hugged her back. "I need to go find mother."

Yuki let go of him with her face blank. " Why do you try so hard for her? She doesn't acknowledge us."

"I want to get her to notice what we could actually do, our talents. She will notice us, I promise."

"Oi shorty! Get out of dream world." Ayato snapped his fingers in front of his big sister's face.

Yuki blinked a couple times and turned towards the red head. "I'm sorry, I was daydreaming. What is it?"

The limousine was now empty, all that was left was her and Ayato. The fifth son looked at his sister like she was stupid. "Don't zone out on yours truly."

Yuki giggled. "You gave yourself a nickname I see. You're too cute little brother." she patted his head.

Ayato gritted his teeth and fangs. "I'm not little anymore sister." He leaned in closer making their lips only a couple centimeters away. Yuki gasped, shocked at her younger brother's action.

Before they could get any closer- "Hmm, what's going on in here? Picking on big sister Ayato?" Laito stuck his head back into the vehicle. A wicked grin on his face. "You're gonna make her late on her first day of school."

Ayato moved away from Yuki and groaned. "We'll finish this up later shorty." He said before leaving the limo.

A dust of pink covered Yuki's cheeks. Ayato was only a month younger than her, but he was always the protective little brother. He wasn't even the oldest of the triplets but he was her favorite.

Yuki looked at the big school. The night sky made it look almost haunted. Stray students looked at the young girl as if she was a new species.

"She's so pretty!" One girl whispered to her friend.

Yuki didn't know what to do nor what to say, she's never been to an actual high school. Sure they had classes at base but those were training or lectures.

A hand grabbed hers dragging her to the entrance of the building. "You're so slow." Shu said as he dragged her behind him.

Yuki heard a few gasps at the siblings action. "Are they dating?" One asked.

"They look so cute! But they sorta look alike." Another had squealed.

Shu ignored all them, listening away to his music strapped to his neck. It made Yuki wonder. Is this what high school is?
****

"Okay, today we have a new student as you can see. Please introduce yourself." The teacher said.

Yuki looked around the classroom. About 20 pair of eyes were on her. It made her kinda nervous.

"I'm Yuki Sakamaki, younger sister to Shu. I'm 17 years old and I can't wait to learn with all of you." She put on a fake smile before looking at the teacher.

Yuki could hear whispers all around the classroom. To the humans, they think she cant hear, but what they dont know is that she could hear their heart beating.

"A Sakamaki?! No wonder she's so beautiful!"

"She's so cute, I think Im gonna ask her out."

That comment made Shu open his eyes slightly. No reaction on his face, he just clenched his fist.

Yuki made her way to the back of the classroom. An empty seat was next to her brother, that made her smile. Shu didnt pay her any mind, looking out the window, close to falling asleep. This made Yuki pout. After 11 years all her anger toward him boiled down.

"I'll look all over the world for you. I promise."

What a damn lie.