Chapter 17

~11 years ago~

The clock began to chime loudly as the short hand pointed to the 7 and the hand rested on the 12. The Sakamaki manor was fairly quiet, only the sound of the servants preparing for the day.
One sound however, stood out from all the rest.

Newly 6 year old Yuki Sakamaki ran down the halls of the mansion, her little feet pattering away. Today was her birthday and she was overwhelmed with excitement. After playing with Shu in the garden, receiving first aid from Reiji, and seeing Subaru, there was only one person she wanted to see at the moment.
"Ayato!" Yuki yelled as she spotted the red hair of her brother.

Green eyes met blue as Yuki pounced on her younger brother. The two landed with a thud outside of the dining room.

"Yuki! Get off of me!" Ayato groaned pushing his older sister off of him.
The white haired girl giggled as she helped her brother off the floor.
"I'm sorry Ayato. I was just really happy to see you."

Ayato dusted off his pants and blew his hair away from his face. "I see you everyday weirdo." He looked at the ground not wanting to make eye contact as his cheeks turned red.
"Happy Birthday." He muttered quietly pushing a heart necklace into her hands. The necklace was made from gold wire and it was sloppily made telling Yuki Ayato made it himself.

Yuki smiled brightly before pulling her brother in for a big hug. "Thank you so much little brother, I'll wear it everyday, I'll never take it off."

Ayato groaned pushing her away. "Yeah yeah and I'm not little. My birthday is next month!"

"I'm still older than you silly." Yuki giggled.

Many of the servants walked past the siblings admiring their beauty and how lucky they were.
Oh how their thoughts were wrong.

"Ayato!"

The siblings jumped at the voice that was filled with such malice.
The temperature in the room seemed to drop as she stepped into the room. Lavender locks flowing down to her bottom. Red lips like roses and blood. Emerald eyes that were so sharp, she could cut you with her glare.
The mother of the triplets, Cordelia.

Her eyes roamed the dining room searching for her son. Eyes glaring at the Sakamaki daughter.

"Ayato! Didn't you hear me calling you?" She quickly grabbed her son's hand yanking him to her side.

Said boy looked at his mother in fear before looking at Yuki.
The white haired girl looked at Cordelia and just smiled.

"Auntie Cordelia! It's my birthday today! Did you know that?" She pulled at the older woman's dress.
Cordelia looked at the child in disgust, shoving her to the ground.

"What did I tell you about touching me child?" She glared at Yuki. "I don't care for your birthday, in fact the only day I care for is the day you die." She said before dragging Ayato out of the dining room.

Yuki looked down at the ground. Tears welling up in her eyes. Don't cry. Big girls aren't suppose to cry. It's my birthday and I'm suppose to be happy.

She wasn't happy.

~~~

"-Who the hell are you?" Ayato stared at the metallic object in his sister's hands.

Yuki looked at her brother before closing the case and sighing. "I'm not someone to piss off." She said before pushing the case under her bed.

"What is that for?" He watched her push the case out of his sight.