Chapter 13.5

"Aren't you excited for today Yuki?" Barbra asked with a smile on her face.

9 year old Yuki looked at up her foster mother with a blank expression before turning to look in the mirror. "Why would I be excited about getting a butler? I had them before." She said tying a navy blue bow around her waist of her white dress.

Barbra shook her head at the young girl. "But this person won't just be your butler. They'll be your best friend. A person you could count on when I'm not around, they'll be on missions with you and you could drink from them whenever you're hungry. But you cant kill them."

The 9 year old turned to walk out of her room, Barbra following besides her. "What's a best friend? I heard the expression before, but I never really understood the meaning."

The red head laughed as they walked down the white hallway. "A best friend is one of the most important people in your life. You get along with that person and you love being around them. You could talk about anything and do everything with each other. They feel like family. Like you and I."

"Then aren't you my best friend?" Yuki looked up at her.

Barbra nodded. "We are, but we're also family so, wouldn't you want a friend that could sneak you cookies during the night without you getting in trouble?"

The white haired girl smiled nodding. "You never let me eat cookies at night."

Barbra laughed. "Well that's what a best friend could do. They'll have you're back no matter what."

The two kept walking until they reached a steel door. Barbra placed her hand on a touch pad until it turned green, opening the door.

Within the large room was two soldiers holding guns, ready to shoot at any moment. It made Yuki uncomfortable. Also in the room was a man in a suit, he had brown hair combed back neatly, his eyes were crinkled due to the smile he had on his face. He looked like one of the men Yuki had seen in a book once. Like a prince in a fairy tale.

"Hello, I'm Barbra Bouthet, level 9 here at the Organization. I would like to thank you for transferring to our branch in order to carry out your duties." Barbra shook the man's hand.

Yuki hid behind her legs. What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm a monster? What if he doesn't want to be my best friend?

"I'm Ryan Howard, it's my pleasure to be here. I'm excited to be serving a princess, a vampire princess none the less." He smiled shaking Barbra's hand.

Barbra smiled stepping aside to reveal a trembling Yuki. "She's in your care now."

Ryan looked down at the surprisingly short girl, he sat on the ground cris cross applesauce to be the same height as her. "Hello lady Yuki. My name is Ryan, I'm very pleased to meet you." He took her shaking hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.

Yuki looked at him shocked. "You're not scared of me?"

He laughed. "Why would I be scared of a beautiful princess?"

She smiled softly. "Are you going to be my best friend?"

Ryan looked at her shocked before smiling brightly. "I'll be honored to be your best friend Yuki."

Barbra leaned against the wall smiling at the scene in front of her. She was glad Yuki would have a friend before she would be sent out next year on her first mission to kill.

Having Yuki for 3 years, were the best 3 years Barbra could ask for. She felt like a mother and every Mother's Day, Yuki would make her a fantastic gift. Even when she tucked the young girl into bed, she would see the letters Yuki would write to a woman named Christa. All saying she dreamed of the day when she would get to see her and her brothers again. Remembering those nights made Barbra's heart hurt knowing Yuki was ripped away from her family with no choice. Barbra was determined to make Yuki get revenge on the people who brought her sadness and to raise her to be the best assassin the world would ever see.

She would be the best mother.

Yuki took Ryan's finger and pricked it with her tooth, she saw how he didn't flinch and watched her actions.

The new taste overwhelmed her senses, bringing a new feeling in her body she never felt before. It was sweet and thick, she almost couldn't get enough of it. She kept drinking until she had her fill.

"Never thought that would happen to me. Getting bit by a vampire and all." He laughed looking down at his index finger.

Yuki smiled. "You were the first person I drunk blood from. I had fun."

"I'm glad I was your first, I had fun too." He patted his head ruffling her hair.

Yuki was happy she had made her first friend.

***

A year later

"Alright Yuki. Now that you have the target down. End him." Yuki could hear Ryan's voice as he talked to her through the ear piece.

10 year old Yuki looked at the bleeding man laying on the ground in front of her begging for his life. A sex slave trafficker leader was her target. Her first mission was to go undercover as a slave and to break up a ring. Barbra called it child's play, a perfect job for Yuki's first.

"Please Sango! Have mercy on me! I'll give you whatever you want! Money! Freedom! Whatever just please don't kill me." The man cried as Yuki stood above him pointing a gun at his head.

A year worth of training all led up for Yuki to make her first kill. Ryan talked her through the whole mission and was waiting in a nearby hotel room just in case if things went south. Yuki looked at the man with a blank look, she was disgusted that men like him existed in the world.

"You sold over hundreds of girls as if they were toys. Taking them away from their families to do your bidding. You're lower then dirt. Men like you don't deserve to even walk the same earth as me, nor deserve to live." She said before pulling the trigger with ease.

She watched as blood escaped his lifeless body before walking out of the hotel room. As she closed the door, she fell to her knees with tears running down her face.

I just killed someone. I'm a murder.

Arms wrapped around her shaking form, pulling her into a tight hug. "It's okay my lady, let it out. It's okay to cry."

Yuki clenched Ryan's chest and sobbed.

Ryan rubbed the young girl's back. This is the first time seeing her cry, he didn't like it one bit. "It's okay Yuki, we're going to take men like him off the planet one by one. You're going to have to be strong though, for the girls."

Yuki looked up at him, wiping the tears from her pale face. "Together?"

Ryan smiled before kissing her forehead. "Together. Happy Birthday Yuki."

**************

Sorry guys this took forever. I'm just so busy but now that it's summer I'm hoping to even finish the book!

This was a look into how Yuki met Ryan and how she felt during her first kill. I wrote this with solving a few questions but not giving away too much on how she ended up with the Organization.

Please give me feedback on this, and I promise I'll get more chapters out soon.

Thanks.