Thirty Seventh Trial

BRYSON 37

It has been a week since Candace caught him inhaling an illegal drug. Hindi niya alam kung kailan nagsimula. Maybe when he tasted the drink. The alcohol. Palagi naman siyang umiinom noon pa, pero noong gabi matapos ang libing ni Bella ay parang nag-iba ang epekto niyon sa kaniya.

He was able to feel nothing. No pain. No regrets. No fears... doubts, and what ifs. Wala sa isipan niya ang mga iyon. He felt like he was floating... into nothingness. It somehow gave him comfort...at mas lalo lang nadagdagan iyon nang sapilitan siyang humingi kay Easton.

Easton is not his cousin. Not even Zane, Declan, or Nancy... they're the soon to be heirs of the surname that they've been carrying ever since they were born. Ang pangalan na isinusumpa niya. The name he wished wasn't imprinted on him, nor his family so he could be free pero wala siyang magawa at kailangan niyang panindigan 'yon.

With his dizzy surrounding, he rested his back on his head board. Napadako ang tingin niya sa study table na katabi ng kama niya. It was empty unlike the usual that has pile of papers, notebooks, pen and highlighter... stationaries. Hindi na niya matandaan kung kailan siya huling nag-aral at umupo 'ron.

Then... he looked at the calendar.

Nanlalabo man ang paningin ay nakita niya ang petsa. March 08. He's aware that today is the last day of their exam, but he doesn't care. He doesn't want to care. Babawi na lang siya sa ibang panahon, pero sa ngayon ay ayaw niyang pilitin ang sarili niya.

Pakiramdam niya ay mababaliw siya.Pakiramdam niya, ano mang oras ay bibigay na siya... at kung ang pag-inom, at ang drogang sinisinghot niya kada araw ay ang tanging paraan, iyon ang gagawin niya. He wanted his escape. He wanted the pain to be gone...or at least lessened. He wanted to rest. He's tired...

Napapikit na lang siya at walang inisip na iba. He fell asleep, and he's almost back to sober when he woke up. It's already afternoon, nearing five pm.

Walang pang-itaas na saplot nang tumayo mula sa kama si Bryson. When he walked past his center table, he picked up the bottle of alcohol, and the small sachet of his deed. Dala-dala ang dalawang bagay na nakatutulong sa lagay niya ngayon ay dumiretso siya sa veranda para hintaying maka-uwi si Candace.

Ano mang oras ay makauuwi na iyon. He knew that Candace won't go anywhere during exams, and she will be going home straight. Tumayo siya sa veranda, at panaka-nakang umiinom habang naghihintay.

He started his session, and as hours passes by, as darkness enveloped the horizon... he forgot his purpose while he's in the veranda.

Forgetting the realm.

Unaware that Candace badly needs him.

Then...

It started to rain.

"WHERE is Bryson?" Iyon ang bungad ng daddy ni Bryson nang makapasok sa loob ng bahay. He'd been running errands ever since her daughter, Bella died. He was investigating, at the same time fighting against black coffins, retaliating because of what they did. Not minding the casualties, day by day.

Ever since Camerox, their leader died, the war against the two had gone stronger, and firing an unreadable attack at the most impossible time. They've been changing their tactics, trying to lure the black coffins, but years and after years of luring them, it seems like they're the one being lost in their own trap, nonetheless, they didn't gave up.