Thirty Second Trial

Warning: SPG.Self-harm.Anxiety.Trauma. 

It's true what they say. When you're happy, the time will fly so fast, and in an instant, you will just realize that a month had passed, or a year, or days... no one knows. Candace experienced it now. After more than a month of being in a relationship with Bryson, nothing changed... but she felt more giddy, excited, and always looking forward for another day...

Well, except today...ay maybe, the following days and weeks too.

"See you next yeaaaaar!" Macey's head peeked through the window of her grand parents' car while waving her hand. Masaya itong nakangiti, at halatang excited sa pupuntahan nila.

Candace waved her hand at Macey until the car turned, and the car's already gone in her sight. Sa tabi niya ay si Bryson, habang karga nito ang kapatid na si Bella. The little kid is busy with her candy that was given by Macey so she wouldn't cry seeing Macey leave.

"Hays, wala ng maingay!" Bryson pinched Bella's cheek before looking at her. "No?"

"Ang tahimik mo." Aniya at nauna nang pumasok sa loob ng bahay nila Bryson. Busy ang mga katulong tulad ng nakasanayan, habang si Tita Becca ay busy sa pagmamando habang nagluluto para sa tanghalian nila.

Candace can't help but to avoid her gaze, and went straight to Bryson's room upstairs, but then, what she avoided in the living room followed her until Bryson's room. Malalim siyang napabuntong hininga hanggang sa naramdaman niyang may yumakap sa kaniya mula sa likod.

"Sorry..." Bryson whispered before planting a kiss near her ear.

Hindi siya sumagot. Diretso lang siya ng lakad hanggang sa maka-upo siya sa kama ni Bryson. Ang malaking maleta nito ay nasa gitna, kasama ang ilang damit na hindi pa nai-aayos. Not that she's having a fight with Bryson because they never once had but then, it's month of the year she hated the most.

It's Christmas vacation.

And everyone has to leave her alone.

She's starting to hate it more even she grew up with it. Even she's used to it.

Tapos na ang Christmas party, at tulad ng nakasanayan, kinabukasan na ang alis ni Macey, at Bryson papunta sa kaniya-kaniyang bakasyunan. Arrow too, but he left earlier than the usual...and of course, she will be left alone. She will meet Christmas alone, will celebrate her birthday alone, and welcome the new year...alone too.

If she could, she would be deleting those three dates on the calendar. Habang tumatagal, mas lalo siyang sinasampal na wala siya. Mag-isa siya, at sa huli, sarili niya lang ang mayroon siya.

And this is one of the rarest moments that she hates her parents for bringing her to the world, only to give her this kind of life that she never approved of. If she had just known, she wouldn't consent to be alive, just to be living like this.

"Galit ka ba?" tanong ni Bryson nang hindi siya pansinin ni Candace. Nag-umpisa na itong tupiin ang mga damit na hindi niya natapos kanina.

Umiling si Candace at tumingin sa kaniya. His girlfriend's eyes looked sad, and without any words from her mouth, he knows that she doesn't want him to go.

Ngumiti siya at lumuhod sa harap ng nakaupong girlfriend. "Babalik ako kaagad."

Candace bite her lip inwards. Umiwas ito ng tingin sa kaniya, pero hinawakan niya ang baba nito at dumukwang siya para halikan ang kasintahan. "Don't be upset."

"Hindi." Umiling pa ito.

Hindi na siya nagpumilit pa. Before helping Candace to pack his things, he ordered food, and takoyaki for the both of them, and drinks too. Nang dumating 'yon ay sa kwarto niya sila kumain. Nang matapos silang mag-ayos ng gamit niya ay inubos nilang dalawa ang oras sa panonood ng movie.