Chapter 18: Desperation

I stopped listening right then and there. The water started to swirl around me. When Poseidon realized what was happening he quickly yelped,"Sam no! You can't interfere with her plan! The fates won't allow it!"

Too late. I shot out the nearest window. Why a palace underwater needed a window I had no idea. I didn't have time to think about it because I was too busy thinking about Percy an what Hera had planned for him.

I finally started to get why Annabeth hated Hera so much.

I reached the surface of the water and quickly propelled myself toward Camp Half Blood.

Finally reaching it I remembered that Percy and Annabeth ran off a while ago. Maybe they came back!

Towards the Athena cabin it is. I made it there in less then 10 seconds. Annabeth was the only one there sitting on her bunk on some laptop.

"Annabeth! Where's Percy!" I screamed.

She looked up startled but quickly relaxed when she saw it was me. "He said he was going to see his mom and he would meet me back here before dinner. Why?"

I told the story of my conversation with Poseidon as quick as I could and she was immediately up in a flash pulling out a drachma. Iris message.

She ran out the door and towards the Poseidon cabin and I was right on her heels.

She quickly kelt by the fountain at the end of the cabin an said,"Oh Iris please accept my offering and show me Percy Jackson."

She and I stared blankly at the fountain for a couple of seconds but when nothing happened I became worried. I looked at Annabeth and she looked right back at me with the same worried expression.

"Maybe you did it wrong?" I asked hopefully even though I knew that wasn't true. This was Annabeth we were talking about.

She didn't answer me.

"What should we do know?"

"I'm going to Sally's house and I'm going to get some answers."

"Correction we."

She smiled then nodded. "Let's go."