Chapter 19

"What do you think he meant by 'your own path to forge'?" Paku asks.

"I think it means something more than what I thought it was." Patch replies. "I think he's trying to say that each of us has a destiny."

"That sounds like a nice thing to hear." Ziva comments. "Hopefully its all of us together."

The three go back into the longhouse, the jarl waiting as he can be seen writing a letter to someone. "Ah, hello young dragons and puma. I hope Ellis showed you around well enough."

"He did. Told us he had to go find a few missing rangers." Paku explains.

"Sounds like Ellis alright. Always on the move." the jarl finishes writing the letter, sealing it and tying it around a raven, whom he sends out the window.

"Who are you sending that to?" asks Ziva.

"The lord of the neighboring realm. It is of our plan to deal with the incoming horde attack. I have told him of the heroic return of the dragons, and I'm hoping he will join us in repelling this invasion." the jarl explains.

"And if he doesn't?" Paku wonders.

"Then I fear the worst for both of our lands." the jarl answers. "We will do everything we can to stop it. We've got to make sure our people survive."

With that, the jarl stands up, noticing the worried looks of Paku and Ziva. "Don't let that stress you out. I'm sure it will be fine." he says trying to reassure the young dragons.

"But what if it isn't?" Ziva asks.

"Well, we have you three on our side." the jarl replies. "I think our odds are good."

"Yea, come on Ziva. Have some faith." Patch tells her.

"It took everything from me and Patch to defeat a group of twenty, remember? I'm not sure if we can take out a whole platoon of orcs by ourselves." Ziva says concerned.

"We'll figure it out." Paku reassures her. "Let's just focus on getting ready."

"Alright Paku, I trust you." Ziva says.

"Now, it is getting late. I would get some rest." the jarl suggests, before he leaves the room to go to bed.

Paku, Patch, and Ziva head to their sleeping quarters, and lay down in their beds.

"I don't know if I can sleep." Ziva says. "I'm scared of what might happen tomorrow."

"Me too," Patch agrees. "If the other kingdom doesn't arrive, then what is going to happen?"

"Relax guys. We're going to be okay." Paku says, holding Ziva and Patch's paws with his own. "We have each other, no matter what. That is enough for me to believe we will be alright."

"You're right, I guess." Patch says, taking a deep breath. "Just try to get some sleep. Tomorrow will be here soon enough."

The three fall asleep in each other's arms, with Ziva being the last one to drift off.