Chapter 43

Several hours have passed since the end of the fight between the dragons. As Bithor has been talking with Jarl Winddred about what to do with Cithior, Ziva and Paku lie unconscious on beds nearby. Patch watches his two friends, making sure they will be alive and alright.

"They will be back for their leader, that is for sure." Bithor tells Jarl Winddred. "But for now, we should have a time of peace to rebuild and prepare for what is to come."

"We will do our best. Any dragon is welcome in Peatsville after today. We are forever in your debt." Jarl Winddred tells Bithor. "Paku and Ziva are heroes. The future of your race looks bright."

"...thank you," Bithor replies quietly.

Jarl Winddred leaves Bithor alone with his thoughts as he returns home, leaving behind a small army of guards and servants to keep an eye on things while he sleeps. Bithor turns to Patch, the young puma worried about Ziva and Paku still.

"Will they be alright?" Patch asks nervously.

Bithor sighs. "I'm afraid there isn't much more I can do right now, except wait."

Patch sits down beside Bithor, looking concerned. "But you're the wise godfather dragon. You know everything!"

"This time, I am stumped for answers." Bithor answers calmly, the two watching over Paku and Ziva. "I've never seen such power conjured from a pair of dragons, not even adult guardians. We're lucky that the show of it didn't kill them."

"How long till they wake up?" Patch asks anxiously.

"It could take days..." Bithor says sadly.

Patch runs off into another room, returning moments later holding some berries. "Well, when they wake, I want them to have these."

"They will like that. I suggest you rest Patch. We'll be safe for now."

With that, Bithor leaves the room, as Patch sticks close to his friends Ziva and Paku. The heroes had done everything, and managed to defeat Cithior. Now, they would get some much needed time to recover, and to ready for whatever they may face next.