Chapter 38

After the day of flight, the two dragons return back to the tundra stronghold that night. "Welcome back Paku and Ziva. I hope you enjoyed your journey." Bithor tells the two welcoming them back inside. "Did you make good progress today?"

"Indeed. Our travels took us far beyond our expectations." Paku explains excitedly. "Today we flew high above the clouds! Even landed on top of a glacier."

"Very impressive indeed. Your abilities have progressed greatly since I first met the two of you. I can see two very powerful dragons in your future."

"Thank you, sir. That means a great deal coming from such a wise dragon as yourself," Paku replies respectfully before turning to Ziva. "How did you feel about today? Did you enjoy flying with me?"

"I loved every second of it." Ziva tells Paku. "When all this conflict is said and done, I'd love to fly with you all around the world."

"That sounds wonderful," Paku says happily. "Maybe someday soon we'll get some free time to do exactly that."

The two return back to their sleeping quarters, lighting the fireplace.

"I hope you two had fun on your date." Patch smirks as he welcomes the two back.

"It was perfect," Paku smiles. "We saw polar bears, elk, reindeer. We stopped by a beautiful mountain and saw the entire world it would seem. It was awesome."

"Take me next time." Patch jokes. "Anyways, I'm beat. Those talking wolves are tough trainers, and I'm sore."

With that the young puma wraps up in a bedroll and is soon fast asleep. Paku and Ziva cuddle up to each other in their own bed, and before long the two dragons fall asleep.

They awaken the next day, and the three decide to go visit Bithor to see what the daily agenda would be. As usual, they were greeted by the large blue ice dragon who seemed more relaxed than ever. "Good morning heroes."

"Good morning to you Bithor." Paku smiles. "What shall we do today?"

"Today we shall continue your training. Something tells me Cithior is planning something. I fear we might not have much time."

As promised, the three headed out again, walking down the same path towards the wolf pack's den. The sun rose slowly in the sky, bringing light to the snowy landscape once again. A few minutes later, the trio arrived outside of the cave entrance.

"Today we will try to simulate fighting Cithior to the best of our abilities. He has two heads and will no doubt blast elements at you with both. That is why Cidrun and Alloa will be sparring with you two."

Cidrun is a slender silver dragon with a bright yellow tail tip and scales. His body is small compared to others, but still packs quite a punch when attacking. Alloa is a larger red fire dragon with orange flame patterns running along her neck, chest and belly. The two dragons nod to Paku and Ziva. "Don't worry, we will go easy on you and only ramp it up if you can handle it."

Ziva and Paku nod, as Patch gulps. "Guess this is as close to the real thing we're getting huh?"

"...Yes."

The dragons step into the room, as Ziva and Paku face Alloa and Cidrun. Bithor stands to the side, monitoring the instruction as he begins to tell the two how it is going to go. "Cidrun and Alloa will blast you with their two elements at the same time, much how Cithior does with his two heads. Paku, you will need to focus on Cidrun's blasts, and counter it with your own fire. Ziva, you focus on Alloa's attacks and use your lightning breath to push it back. You two will need to stick close together to enhance the power of your abilities."

"Okay!" Paku nods enthusiastically. "Let's start now then."

Both dragons nod, charging forward with their respective powers. Both Paku and Ziva brace for impact.