Chapter 3

2016

You woke up by the feeling of T'Challa stroking your hair, and whispering your name.

"Y/N, my panther. Are you awake?" He said. You struggled to open your eyes, and locked eyes with T'Challa.

"Yes," You struggled to say.

"We need to get going," He said. "We're going to see the Avengers. You can sleep on the way there."

You sat up and swung your legs over the bed and wiped your eyes. You sighed, and ran your fingers through your hair. You had picked out a Tony Stark fan outfit, and was excited to wear it.

You went to the bathroom and brushed your hair, and when Shuri stopped by, she french braided your hair. She gave you the necklace, and you slipped it on.

You threw on a hoodie that said "Proof that Tony Stark has a heart" with his heart logo on it, and sweatpants that said "Stark Industries." You adjusted the necklace and picked up your backpack. But one thought kept in your mind of meeting one person again:

Captain America.

~~

6 hours later

It was a 6 hour flight from Wakanda to New York. T'Challa had held you the whole way, which you fell asleep in. Your mind drifted in and out of 1942 with Steve and Bucky, and sometimes it would be just one of them. But you knew Bucky was probably dead.

You sighed and adjusted your position next to T'Challa.

Soon enough, you had landed, and your heart skipped a few beats. You told everyone to go off before you, and said you wanted to keep your face hidden first.

T'Challa understood, and Okoye just looked at you weirdly. You wished Shuri was there, but you pushed that thought aside.

Everyone got off, and you activated the helmet part of your suit.

You walked off the flight craft and saw Tony Stark, gaping at your fan merch.

"Well here's a fan!" Tony said. "How you doing kid?"

"Pretty good," You said.

"Wish I could see your face..." Tony said, tilting his head and taking off his sunglasses.

"I will reveal it later," You said.

"Come meet the team!" Tony said. And he lead you all to the Avengers compound.

He took you and T'Challa up a elevator, and the doors opened.

"Avengers!" Tony announced. "King T'Challa and his girlfriend Y/N has arrived!"

"Y/N?" You heard. You recognized that voice. You spun around.

"Steve," You whispered. You deactivated the helmet and your hair fell. You gazed into his eyes, until you felt his huge arms wrap around you. You started crying. He hasn't changed a bit.

"I thought I'd lost you," You cried.

"I know, I know," He said. "I thought I'd lost you too." You both held onto each other for awhile, until Tony cleared his throat. You refused to let go of Steve, worried you'd lose him again.

"Is this Bucky?" T'Challa asked. Your heart sank.

"No..." You said. "I wish." You rested against Steve and he smiled gently.

"Do you need me to introduce people?" Tony asked.

"Maybe later," said another voice. "Let her relax her mind before this." Another voice you recognized. No--it couldn't be. You turned towards the sound to see Bucky. He had shoulder length brown hair and a metal arm. He smiled at you.

"Hey doll," He said.

"BUCKY!" You cried. You ran towards him, letting go of Steve. You threw yourself into his arms and held him more tightly than ever. "Bucky...Bucky..." You kept saying.

"Y/N, I'm here," Bucky said.

"I'm dreaming," You cried. He lifted your face.

"No you're not," Bucky said. He pulled your face towards his and his lips met yours. You didn't want to leave him. But then T'Challa pulled you away from him.

"Bucky..." You said.

"So this is Bucky?" T'Challa said. He looked angry.

"Yes," Bucky said. "Who are you to Y/N?"

"Her boyfriend," Your eyes filled with terror and sadness to see Bucky's face fall.

"Bucky," You said in Russian. "I want to be with you. I thought you were dead. T'Challa found me and took me in. I don't know how we started dating. I hate loving him, because it reminded me to much of you. I sent his troops out to HYDRA to find you. I miss you so much."

Bucky stared at you, processing what you just said.

"9 P.M.," He said back in Russian. "Meet at the roof of the compound." He tucked a strand of hair behind your hair and smiled at you. You felt empty as his presence left you, but you hoped to kiss him again.