Chapter 23

2023

You watched as Bucky and the police officer pulled away. You looked at Sam, who was staring at Isaiah's house.

"Don't think about it, Sam," You said. You pulled out your phone. "I'm gonna call Dr. Raynor to help us get Bucky out."

"Did you know him too?" Sam said. You shook your head.

"I've read about him. But I never really understood it. I wish Bucky told me," You said. Sam nodded his head.

"Let's go," You said.

~~

You saw Raynor walk into the prison, and you walked up to her, Sam behind you.

"Sam," Raynor said. "I've heard a lot about you. I'm Dr. Raynor. I'm James's therapist."

They shook hands.

"So nice to meet you," Sam said. "Thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me," Raynor said, tilting her head towards you.

"Christina!" You, Sam, and Raynor turned your heads, to see John walking through the doors. You rolled your eyes.

"It's great to see you again," John said.

"You gotta be kidding me," Sam said. "You know him?"

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day," Raynor said.

"I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in," John said. He turned towards you. "Hello Y/N. Not surprised to see you here."

Sam stepped in front of you.

"Don't talk to her," Sam said. John shrugged his shoulders.

"Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer," John said.

"We haven't finished our work," Raynor said. "Who authorized this?"

"Um..." John said. He pointed to himself. You groaned and was so tempted to claw him in the face.

There was a buzz of a door opening behind you, and you saw two officers walk out with Bucky.

"He's too valuable of an asset to have tied up," John said.

"You're damn right," You whispered.

"So, just do whatever you got to do with him, than send him off to me," John said. "Got some unfinished business, him and I. You too, Wilson and Y/N. I'll be outside."

Bucky turned towards you and you walked up to him.

He kissed you.

"How was jail?" You said, giggling.

"So boring without you," Bucky said.

"James," Raynor said. Bucky sighed and looked at Raynor. "Condition of your release, session now. You too, Sam. Y/N, only if you want."

You smiled at Bucky who frowned, and it made you giggle.

"That's okay," Sam said. "I'll be out here with--"

"That wasn't a request," Raynor said, turning towards Sam as she was walking.

~~