Chapter 30

2023

You activated your suit, and stumbled back by the new features. You had a tail, that lightly grazed the ground, a water suit, invisible suit, and much more.

You deactivated the suit, to see Bucky's jaw dropped.

"Where'd you get that?" Bucky asked. "I don't remember."

"Bumped into Okoye," You said, shrugging.

"Let's go," Sam said.

You adjusted your jean jacket, and straightened your crop top. You put on a hat, and grabbed onto Bucky's hand.

You all walked around town, until the figure of John and Lemar came fast walking towards all of you, down some stairs.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit!" John yelled.

"Ah!" You said. "How'd you find us now?"

"Come on girl," Lemar said. "You think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing attention?"

"No more keeping us in the dark," John said. "You can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison."

"He did that himself, technically," Bucky said.

"This better be an unbelievable explana-"

"Take it easy before it gets weird," Sam said, cutting John off.

"I know where Karli is," Zemo said. He nodded his head, Sam, Bucky, and you, following him, around John. John stepped in front of him.

"Well, where?" John asked.

"All we know is, it's a memorial," You said, crossing your arms. "So we're gonna intercept her there."

"That means civilians," Lemar said. You continued following Zemo. "High risk of casualties."

"All right, good," John said. He started following you guys. "We'll move in fast. Take her by surprise."

"No, I wanna talk to her alone," You said, looking at John.

"I'm not losing her again," John said.

"She wants me," You said. "Let me talk to her."

"Look, the person closest to her died, she's vulnerable," Sam said. "Now is the best time to reason with her."

"What? NO!" John said. "Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay?"

Everyone stopped, and you crossed your arms, sighing. Bucky wrapped his metal arm around you, rolling his eyes at John.

"I think we're way past reasoning with her," John said. "Unless you forgot that she blew up a building with people still in it."

"Y/N, you walk in there cold, she could kill you," Lemar said.

"If I go in hot and the op goes wrong, more people will die," You said.

"You'll let her do this?" John asked Bucky. "Are you gonna let your partner walk into a room with a Super Soldier alone?"

"She's probably dealt with worse," Bucky said. "And she's not my partner. She's my wife."

"I used to work with the Wakandans to fight battles and broke into SHIELD to collect files. I'll be fine," You said.

"Yeah, I know," John said. "And I know SHIELD, which is why I know this is a bad idea."