Chapter 26

2023

You guys ended up going to a private plane. Bucky had wrapped an arm around your waist, walking like that the entire time to the airplane. You felt safe and protected.

"So all this time you've been rich?" Sam said to Zemo.

"I'm a Baron, Sam," Zemo said. "My family was royalty until your friends destroyed my country."

"Hello, Oeznik," Zemo said in Russian, to an old man who was standing outside of the plane.

"Welcome, gentlemen," The man said, in Russian as well.

"Old friend," Zemo said. They did some greetings and Bucky kissed you on the head.

"Please," Zemo said, motioning you, Bucky, and Sam to follow him onto the plane.

After you guys had gotten into the air, Oeznik had brought out some champagne.

"Apologies if that's a little warm," He said. "The fridge is out. But I will see if there is some good food in the galley."

"If it doesn't pass the smell test," Zemo said in Sokovian. "Give it to them."

You shot up in your seat, glaring right down at Zemo.

"I thought you didn't understand Sokovian, darling," Zemo said to you. You sat back down in your seat calmly.

"Just for your information, Zemo," You said. "I can speak and understand every language. So don't try to speak a language to someone else telling them killer plans."

"Yikes, darling," Zemo said. "I'll keep that in mind."

"And don't call me darling," You said. You walked over to Bucky's seat and sat down next to him, Zemo not taking his eyes off you. Bucky wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"It's good to have you back, sir," Oeznik said, chuckling.

"You don't know what it's like to be locked in a cell," Zemo said. "Oh. That's right. You do."

You rolled your eyes.

"Why don't you tell us about where we're going?" You asked Zemo.

"I'm sorry," Zemo said, opening his book. "I was just fascinated by this. I don't know what to call it, but this part seems to be important. Who is Nakajima?"

You activated your suit and lunged on top of Zemo, grabbing his throat.

"I you touch that again," You said. "I'll kill you."

Zemo nodded his head, and you yanked the notebook out of his hands. You glared down at him for a few moments, than tossed the notebook at Bucky.

You deactivated the suit and sat down.

"That was so hot," He whispered to you. You scoffed.

"I'm sorry," Zemo said. "I understand that list of names. People Bucky has wronged as the Winter Soldier."

"Don't push it," Bucky said.

"I've seen that book," Sam said. "It was Steve's when he came out of the ice. I told him about Trouble Man. He wrote it in that book. Did you hear it? What'd you think?"

"I like 40's music, so..." Bucky said.

"You didn't like it?" Sam said, dropping his jaw.