Chapter 32

2023

You had jumped off the balcony to start running, but Karli jumped down and knocked you into the wall.

"Y/N!" Bucky and Sam yelled.

Sam jumped down and started attacking Karli, Bucky pulling you to your feet.

"I'll send you the location," Sharon said.

"Go!" Sam yelled.

You and Bucky took off running, leaving Sam behind to deal with Karli.

You heard Sam's wings overhead, and found a new setting called Wall Panther.

You activated it while running, and by its name, you were able to run on walls.

You ran on the walls, making it faster for you to run to avoid people.

"What the hell?" Bucky said.

"Keep going!" You yelled.

You saw Sam fly overhead and cannonball into a glass roof. You ran farther up the wall, and onto the roof. You deactivated the setting and jumped into the broken roof.

"You got the location, Bucky?" You said, into the comm.

"Yup!" Bucky said. "But I've got Karli behind me!"

"Bring her along," You said. You searched for lifeforms, and met up with Sam, to see John walking down the stairs, to a Flag Smasher.

John threw the guy in front of you, who immediately got up and ran away.

"What'd you do?" You said.

"They've got Lemar," John said, walking past you.

You and Sam followed John into a big room, with tables and opened boxes.

A warning popped up on your mask screen and you turned around just in time, to see a Flag Smasher about to lounge at you, Sam, and John.

"Behind you!" You yelled, attacking one of the Flag Smashers, John hitting one with his shield.

Sam hit one with his wing, and John started fighting one.

His attacker pulled out a knife, which made John say, "What's with all the knifes?"

Your attacker threw a knife at you, which you dodged and Bucky caught it.

"Hey doll," He said.

"Hey Buck," You said. You kicked at your opponent, knocking him to the ground and unconscious.

Bucky grabbed at his attacker and threw him to the ground, throwing the knife close to his face.

You punched Sam's attacker in the face, knocking him to the ground.

"You're welcome," You said. You turned around, and started fighting with John.

But than an attacker came up from behind John, grabbed him, and Karli came out of nowhere, about to stab a knife into his heart. Lemar came from behind and lunged at her. She swung a punch at him, sending him flying into a pillar and breaking it.

He hung his head, and everyone stopped to look. John's attacker let go of him, and you deactivated your mask, nose bleeding.

You could John's heavy breathing, angry.

You turned to look at him, John making quick eye contact.

He pulled away quickly, than started walking to Lemar.

"Hey, hey, hey," John said, shaking him. "Y/N, come over here and give me a health scan!"

You looked at Bucky, who nodded his head. You hesitated, already knowing he was dead.

You kneeled down in front of Lemar, activating your mask, and looked at Lemar.

A profile of him popped up, and you used your mind to get to Health Scan.

Health Scan: Dead

"John..." You said. "I'm so sorry. But Lemar is dead."

"No, no, no," John said. "Lemar! Lemar!"

The Flag Smashers started running away, and you got up, deactivating your mask. Bucky pulled you into him, kissing you.

"Are you okay?" He said.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," You said, looking back at John.

"We have to go," Sam said. "After them."

You and Bucky nodded quickly, and ran after Karli, activating your mask.

You used your mind to activate a tracking system on Karli, than activated your wall setting.

You ran on the walls of buildings, keeping an eye on Karli's life form.

You lost Karli, and instead, you saw John. He was smashing his shield against a Flag Smasher's chest, blood everywhere.

You jumped off the wall, and landed behind John, deactivating your mask.

"John!" You yelled.

John ran, and you didn't hesitate to follow.