02 - Shameless Aunt

"Why do you want nieces and nephews so bad?" Aphmau asks. "I mean, shouldn't you give Aaron that?"

Melissa quickly stops laughing and instead turns her head to stare at Aphmau. "Well, that could happen, if I had a lover. But I am a single Pringle. No shame in being honestly single!" she smiles. "Besides, I know eventually you and Aaron will have kids and when you two do, I will be ready to spoil them nonstop!"

"You just want to be an aunt, don't you?"

"Pa-lease! Who wouldn't want to be the coolest aunt ever!"

"Wouldn't you be their only aunt?"

"Be default, you mean. Well, like I said, no shame in being shameless."

"I thought you said no shame in being honestly single." Aphmau frowns.

Melissa waves a hand around. "Same thing." she says.

The man is screwed. He lost the Lycan daughter all because he decided he was hungry so he had stopped at a hot dog stand. One dollar hot dogs are not easy to find. The man is holding what seems to be his fifth hot dog in one hand while the other holds onto his walkie-talkie.

With his head lifted to the sky an inch, his nose gets to work sniffing once more. Children bouncing on their feet this time probably heading to the Starlight's Ferris Wheel. He makes a mental note to check there after dark, maybe the Lycan daughter will be there.

"Kieran." the man's walkie-talkie goes off. His hand fumbles with his half-eaten hot dog that suddenly finds a lover with the sidewalk.

He scowls and lifts his hand up to bring the walkie-talkie up to his mouth. "Yes, sir?"

"Do you have eyes on the Lycan daughter still?"

"I did until I stopped at a food cart. Did you know you can get hot dogs here for a buck? That's such a bargain, they should be everywhere!" the man replies.

"I don't care about how cheap hot dogs are, Kieran! You are a Holland that serves me, so get back to work or it's your head next time."

"No need to threaten me, my liege. I am still relatively half human. I need to eat at some point." Kieran states.

"Then I'm sending Nivery out. I need eyes on the Lycan daughter!"

Kieran fumbles with his walkie-talkie for a brief moment. "That won't be necessary, my liege! I can handle this task just fine! I don't wish to be replaced by that wannabe!"

"Two hours."

"Yes sir!" Kieran replies then turns off his walkie-talkie. His sharp electric green eyes glance down at his smashed hot dog.

When he glances back up, he spots the human that's usually around the Lycan daughter. He decides to make haste and trail her from a hidden view. Kieran notices she walks into a store then walks out a second later and moves along the sidewalk.

"Yeah, Katelyn, I'm having a blast here! It just, isn't the same without you guys though." he hears her say.

"Oh, you want to come here? That would be awesome!"

"Great! I'll let Melissa know! When do you think you'll arrive?"

A second goes by. "How long? I came here on a plane with Melissa, she brought me here so I suppose a few hours from Phoenix Drop."

"Wednesday? But that's tomorrow! Katelyn, do you plan on packing right now and hitching an overnight plane?" the human replies then snorts with laughter a minute later.