04 - It's Always Lyrics

"Maybe one of your boys will give you a 'daughter-in-law'?" Sylvanna's lips make a grin.

"As long as they're all happy, I don't really care!" Zianna says. "After all, happiness is the key to salvation!"

"Is that in a current song?" Aph asks. "I swear I've heard that phrase before."

Zianna shakes her head. "It isn't but since we're on that topic; how about a little jam!"

The raven haired Ro'Meave unlocks her phone after fishing it out from her purse, then presses a finger to tap on Ripple. She scrolls for a few seconds before tapping again on a certain song that is quite popular.

Turning the volume up on her phone, she hums along.

"You know I don't know what it is
But something about you is so irresistible
Don't you try and tell me that he's not my type
To hide what I feel inside
When he makes me weak with desire
I know that I'm supposed to make him wait
Let him think I like the chase But I can't stop fanning the fire
I Know I meant to say no
But he's irresistible
Up close and personal
Now inescapable
I can hardly breathe
More than just physical
Deeper than spritual
His ways are powerful
And irresistible to me
(Yeah yeah, I can hardly breathe)"

"You know, this song is fitting. I mean, Aphmau is my brother's girlfriend." Melissa comments.

"True. Keep playing it Zianna." Sylvanna says. "I need to keep listening!"

"Don't you think I'm trying to tell my heart what's right
That I should really say goodnight
But I can't stop myself from falling
Maybe I'll tell him that I feel the same
That I don't want to play no game
'Cause when I feel his arms wrapped around me
I know I meant to say no
(I meant to say no)
But he's irresistible (irresistible)
Now inescapable"

Kieran slams his walkie-talkie on the bench beside him and sighs when he leans back. Following the Lycan daughter and her human accomplice isn't exactly fun to him. He'd much rather be sitting on his bed binge-watching Netflix. His electric green orbs glance over to the left and notice a brunette standing in line at a food cart.

He figures, might as well get some food since he lost track of the daughter and human. Kieran pushes his body off the bench and moves to stand behind the brunette. Said woman reaches the counter and smiles.

"Can I get three double loaded hot dogs, three bacon cheeseburgers, and a medium iced mocha with caramel?" she places her order.

"Can I get a name to go with that?" the man at the counter says.

The woman blinks. "Oh, sure. Isabelle."

Kieran feels his blood run thin at the mere mention of her name. It's not a coincidence that she has the same name as the second-in-command to his liege, right?

"Next!" the man shouts as Isabelle moves to stand to the side.

"Uh," Kieran looks up at the menu, "two chili cheese dogs please, and a small lemonade."

He pulls out enough cash to pay for his food before Isabelle grabs his arm, dragging him over to a table with benches on either side.

"Kieran, why are you getting food? Don't you have a task?" she asks him, fixating her icy blue eyes to stare.

Kieran sighs loudly. "Yup, I thought I recognized those icy blue orbs of yours." he mutters. "My task at the moment can wait, I got hungry."

Isabelle hums. "Food is important." she laughs for a second.