27 - ...Hope falls

"Hello?" he answers after he hangs up the call with Aph.

"Hello, is this Aaron Lycan? Ethan's father?" the clinic asks in return.

"Yes, that's me. Why?"

"I'm calling because your son was rushed here after fainting and so if you could please come to Borneca General, his doctor can speak to you about his sudden fainting spell."

"Borneca General? In Borneca?" Aaron questions.

"Yes. That is all, have a nice day."

The clinic worker hangs up as Aaron stares at his phone screen. He immediately taps the message icon and hits Aph.

Aph💜

Aph! I found out where Ethan is!
I had to hang up on you
because a clinic called.
Informing me that Ethan was
rushed to the hospital after fainting
suddenly.

A clinic called you?
And Ethan fainted? How did that happen?

Beats me. He's at Borneca General.
In Borneca.

HE'S IM ANOTHER COUNTRY?!
I'm grounding him when he gets back.
Did they say what even caused his
fainting spell?

I'm going to ask my mom for
some help in getting to Borneca.
How Ethan got there, idk.

Let me know what the doctor says.
There's got to be a way to prevent it
from happening again.

Yeah, love you Aph.

Love you too!

Aaron turns his phone off after getting out of messages and pocketing his phone back in his jeans. So Ethan's in Borneca. How did he even get there? The only ways are by plane, or by boat.

"Aaron? Are you okay in here?" he spots a pink haired meif'wa stepping into the back room.

"Fine Nana." he replies. "Hey, you've been to Borneca; right?"

Nana bends over to pick up a box of muffin liners. "My family's from the country next to Borneca, so I did travel through there to get here to Xolner. Why do you ask?"

"Ethan somehow landed himself there."

"Ethan's in Borneca? The only ways in and out of that country are by plane, train, or boat; depending on where you are. If you're on the oceanic coast; by boat is your best bet. More further in land, plane or train." Nana explains.

She sets the box down. Could he have teleported there? But that's quite a distance. "I'm trying to wrack my brain as to how." she hears Aaron comment.

"It's not like he can teleport." she blurts out then picks her box up again.

Aaron's charcoal gaze eyes her amber one. "He can teleport?"

"I didn't say that, Aaron! I said he can't."

THREE HOURS EARLIER

Ethan walks through the town of Borneca Isle, a relatively small town on the oceanic coast of the Edgar Sea and shockingly famous for their water-capped frogs. His icy eyes spot Harper standing at a food stand and they glance up: reading the sign that says Devil's Gate.