19 - Angels Shall Rise [Part One]

A sleek silver Chevy drives down the main road in town, heading towards the city's high school and Alina can only stare out the window. Here, she is, attending an actual school for the first time in fifteen years. She can briefly remember getting homeschooled along with Nico, Zia, and her brother. The rest of their gang, are already attending the high school.

Ethan sits in the backseat beside her, hugging his backpack, and not saying a word. The whole Starlight thing has remained a touchy subject to everyone who went. Their father along with Garroth are busy seeking help with a therapist while everyone else is left to deal with it.

The car stops in the school parking lot, after it pulls up to the curb with a sidewalk beside. Aphmau looks back, shifting her head to smile at her kids.

"I know, this won't be easy. But I have faith you two can handle this besides, Nico and Zianna are in the same boat as the two of you. Anthony, Andrea, Nate, and Neveah will, I'm sure, help you all out. Just, promise me one thing: be careful and try to have fun."

Alina pushes the car door open, turning to her mother before she hops out. "We'll try." she smiles back.

Ethan releases his backpack and proceeds to open his side door, hoping out after slamming it close. Alina hops out, doing the same as him as their mother pulls away from the curb and drives off.

"We can do this, right?" the onyx haired female whispers.

"Of course we can. We are the children of Aaron and Aphmau Lycan." Ethan tells her. "Now, come on."

"Have you sneaked a peek at your schedule yet?" Zianna asks the teen as she strolls down the crowded hallway next to Alina.

"I literally just got it! Of course not."

"What about you Ethan?" the vampire looks at Ethan.

Alina's big brother halts his tracks. "No. Not yet."

"Look! I wanna know what classes you two have!" Zia barks.

He pulls his schedule out and shifts his icy gaze downwards as Alina does the same.

"I have werewolf shifting class 104 after homeroom, then it's some math class. After math, I have English literature 102. Then lunch A, then after lunch I have drawing, after that I have Zuvian language? And I end the day with supernatural etiquette?" Alina explains. "I'm confused about the last two."

"I have the same werewolf class as you. But mines a bit different." Ethan says. "I have physical ed after werewolf class. Then Zuvian language with lunch B after. Then supernatural etiquette, then Magix? The hell is that!"

"There you guys are!" a brunet teen shouts. "It's about time you joined us."

His stormy gray eyes twinkle as a ombréd brunette walks up to the group. "What Nate means to say, is we're happy you're finally here."

"Thanks Andrea." Alina says. "Is Anthony around?"

Andrea purses her lips together and scoffs. "No. He's in homeroom, Neveah's chatting with some other kids, I forgot their names."

"Oh, Ethan, I didn't see you there." Nate adds, finally eyeing the eldest Lycan.

"Yeah, I bet." Ethan growls. "I'm leaving."

WEREWOLF SHIFTING CLASS 104 = TEN MINUTES LATER

"Alright students! Today-" the teacher starts to speak but is interrupted by the door banging open. "-I thought I said, no interruptions!"