CHAPTER 5 | PUSSY

"Tell me, Cassie," Harry said as he piped the third batch of his cupcakes, eyeing the tall alpha momentarily

"Tell me, Cassie," Harry said as he piped the third batch of his cupcakes, eyeing the tall alpha momentarily. "What is it that you know about omega drops?"

It had been itching him since the day he and Louis returned from the hospital, when he almost — he thinks it was that — dropped. He had never dropped before, never experienced anything even slightly similar to it. He could not point it almost a week ago, but over the days he spent with his thoughts and Cow ( who unfortunately couldn't speak), Harry had gotten a faint suspicion.

He was back in the bakery after almost a week, getting back to work as if he was going to die if he did not. He had not even realised he was getting addicted to working, spending time with the scent of sugar and vanilla and the warmth of the ovens, until it was taken away from him, until he was forced to stay home, bound by the restrains of promises he made to a blue-eyed alpha.

Cassie listened to him, leaning against a pillar with her arms crossed over her heavy chest, dressed in black dress pants and a complimenting satin shirt. "What do you want to know, Harry?" She asked, tone kind and assuring. She was not annoyed, she made it clear that she was confused by the question. By the way she said it, Harry knew she had the answer to his question, the only problem being: Harry did not even know what to ask.

"Uh," he drawled, refilling the piping bag. Cassie smiled at him, waiting patiently. Harry felt smaller than he usually felt around Cassie, pursing his lips as his brows tensed subconsciously while he began running over his doubts. "Like, why? I mean, why does an omega drop?"

"It depends, love." She faced him, bending her left leg and crossing it in front of her right. "You've gotta be more specific, I am afraid."

Harry breathed out deeply. He was not angry, nor was he frustrated, he just did not know how to ask his question. "So there's this omega," he started, a big, fat lie. "They, um, they have never dropped in their life before. Ever. You see, they have faced some.... well, really shitty situations, and even then they never dropped." He paused, looking up at Cassie to see if she caught his lie. Her face was blank save a smile that can't be deemed as anything but assuring. So he continued, piping cupcakes after cupcakes, speaking about himself through the shadow of an omega friend. "The closest they have felt to dropping was recently. They have this.... this alpha friend, okay? This friend who acts like their bodyguard or summat, always picking fights on their behalf and stuff. And then something happened the two of them, which made me-my omega friend really distressed. So much that they ended up in the hospital."

"Why did that make them distressed if they were so fond of their friend?" Harry did not pay much mind to how she added that he was fond of Louis, only felt the question echo in his mind over and over again.

He sighed. "It's just, they are good friends, alright? And the alpha is wayyyyyy out of their league. Plus, it was wrong."

"Why was it wrong, Harry?"