CHAPTER 16 | DEATH

Harry sat on his bed, back supported by a handful of pillows and his palm caressing his growing bump

Harry sat on his bed, back supported by a handful of pillows and his palm caressing his growing bump. It had been a week since he was discharged and put on bed rest for three weeks. He had two more weeks to go and he couldn't be more restless. He wanted to resume working again, he wanted to make sure he could provide for the pups, too. Louis had taken the position as the father quite unbearably well. He made it clear that he would provide for the pups and Harry, which Harry argued with him about but only got shut down because Louis wouldn't listen to anyone.

Louis was exasperating but Harry still loved him.

He loved his stupid face and his eyes and the lines on his face when he smiled. He hated the fact that he loved him. Because Louis was the epitome of a knothead nowadays. He acted like he had a right over Harry, from making him eat things to rechecking the medication he was prescribed (as if Harry'd ever go to an unprofessional doctor). He also barged in whenever he wanted, leading to one of the many fights between him and Zayn whenever the hazel-eyed alpha would be with Harry.

He sighed, feeling a breeze slip through the window and brush away the curls that were hanging out of his bun. Harry was tired albeit he stayed in bed all day. Today was a red day, the kind where he wanted nothing to do with anyone. He simply wanted to curl in his bed and wallow but his fucking back was hurting and he was gassy. He hated the changes that pregnancy brought along. His nipples were very sensitive, so much that he could cry if he wore something rough. His legs had began to cramp more often and he had a headache most of the days. He got nosebleeds too, scaring everyone until they remembered that it was normal.

He would soon enter his fifth month, completing half of the journey. The pups would begin kicking soon, too, which he was rather terrified of, in all honesty. He couldn't imagine something kicking him from the inside. That was ought to be weird. But he would endure it, all for his pups. He loved them more than he could have ever imagined loving someone. And he loved Louis, Louis who wasn't his, Louis who only saw Harry as the mother of his pups and not his mate. And Harry loved him a bit more every passing day, despite the pain he put Harry through every day.

Louis was mean to him, most of the days. Harry felt as if he had done something wrong, like he had angered him. It wasn't Harry's fault he was pregnant. He had given Louis the option to walk out and yet he stayed, punishing Harry for something Harry did not know. Ever since the day at the hospital, Zayn had avoided being near Harry whenever Louis was, which was a lot considering Louis blatantly refused to keep Harry in an 'untrustworthy person's presence'.

It wasn't like Harry did not try, he did, he fought with all he had until it was evident that everything was causing him heavy mental stress, so Zayn quietly stepped away. No one cared what Harry wanted. Yet another person deciding what was best for Harry. He wanted to be near Zayn because he was the only one he could trust, feel safe with. And he was touch deprived, something all omegas needed dearly, especially during a state as vulnerable as being pregnant. He could not ask that from Louis, no, he still had some respect, and as much as he was in love with the alpha, he was still hurt.