CHAPTER 6 | STRAWBERRY MARMALADE

"I demand my dear Harold for the rest of the evening, Cassandra Adams

"I demand my dear Harold for the rest of the evening, Cassandra Adams." Louis barged inside the kitchen, the door flinging open and hitting the wall with an echo. Harry cursed, acting like he did not know the knothead in front of his colleagues.

"He is off in fifteen, anyway. But what's the occasion? Haven't had you waltzing-in in a while." Harry tried to fit himself in a corner while the two alphas talked, ignoring the way Cameron, the pie specialist, snickered.

"Got our third month anniversary tonight," he heard Louis, the smile on his face evident in his voice. Harry tried to ignore the tingles that rose inside him, the way he felt his cheeks burn. It was simply Louis being over-the-top, nothing else. Nothing else. "Where's he? I swear you make him work too much."

"I have to stop him from working too much," so they were planning on ganging up on Harry today. Alright. "You've got yourself a workaholic omega." Harry held his breath, clutching the end of the piping bag, waiting for Louis to correct her. He did not.

"He's perfect. Shut up." He said instead, and then it was quiet. Louis' scent hit him like a stone crashing into a window. He smelt heavenly, like he always did, but today he had magic in his scent, something that had Harry breathing deeper, trying to get more of it. He hated how weird he was. No platonic friend was that attracted to their other platonic friend's scent. "Hello, love."

"Hi, Lou," Harry breathed out, facing the alpha. The alpha was already smiling when Harry faced him, then his smile grew bigger and a soft laugh escaped past his lips.

"You're so fuckin' clumsy, baby." Louis shook his head, wiping the tip of Harry's nose, his thumb now having a bit of cream. But Harry could not care.

Baby.

Louis called Harry baby. Louis called Harry baby in front of every-fucking-one. Harry was called baby by Louis. Harry should not feel the way the word made him feel. Baby. Louis called him baby.

"Where'd you go?" He blinked slowly to look at Louis, a shy smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He shrugged, going back to his final batch of cream puffs. "Not even a hug?" Louis asked from beside him, his inked fingers sneaking towards one of the finished puffs before Harry swatted it with a roller.

"I'll give you one once I am not covered in pastry cream and flour," Harry turned to the pouting alpha, pressing a kiss to his cheek as Cameron wolf-whistled. Louis' hands were on his waist, tightening as he caught the alpha glaring at his beta friend. "Be a good boy and sit in the front?"

"I don't follow orders, Styles." Louis boasted, rubbing his stubbled cheek against Harry's, knowing how much Harry hated the way his skin stung afterwards. "Say 'please' and I might consider."

Harry rolled his eyes. Fondly. "Please," he said, smoothening Louis' collar.

"Alright," Louis sighed, pressing a sloppy kiss on Harry's cheek before letting go of his waist. "Better be done in ten or I am carrying you out."