CHAPTER 15 | DAD(S)

"Will you look at me, dammit!" Louis spat bitterly, roughly taking a turn

"Will you look at me, dammit!" Louis spat bitterly, roughly taking a turn. Harry flinched, albeit not making an attempt to move his gaze away from his shoes, trying to curl himself as far away from Louis as possible while being on the passenger seat. He pursed his lips together tightly, blinking his tears away. He did not like Louis like this; this cruel, this bitter, this angry. His knuckles were white on the steering wheel, scent enraged. Harry did not know what he did now, why he was being treated with such distaste. All he knew was that Louis won't leave him alone, won't allow him to go home by himself. "I said look at me, Harry."

"Stop," Harry whimpered, sniffled as he finally looked at the alpha. He still had that spell of a storm on his face, glaring at Harry as though Harry was his delinquent. Harry almost saw a snarl on Louis' face, he saw the undeniable rage in his eyes. "You're scarin' me. Please, stop."

"Hell I will. Just, sit the fuck down and we will talk at home. And please, for the love of god, stop fucking crying. You are giving me a headache." He sounded so much like Carl that Harry, for a moment, wanted to prepare himself for a beating, for a moment he was afraid for his pups' lives. Who was this Louis? He had never been so cruel, not even to the people he picked up fights with. "Forget about it. Sorry. Fuck, I'm being a total wanker." Louis then sighed, a deep one, his shoulders slumping as if weighed down by guilt.

Harry did not say a word, he did not look at Louis again. The air filled with bitterness from both their scents. Harry was desperately trying to reach Zayn, whose phone was switched off. He must be in that meeting, and if that was the case, Harry had no one that could help him if Louis were to do something. He had never thought he'd genuinely fear his safety with Louis, but he had also thought that Louis would never break his trust, his heart, and here he was, with a broken heart and a broken family. Louis did not even know they were expecting a family, for fuck's sake, he would only hate Harry more.

They reached their complex fifteen minutes later. Louis did not open the door for Harry like he always did, he slammed his own shut so hard that the car shook. Harry was terrified of stepping out of the car, but he knew he had no say in anything anymore. So he clutched the handle with trembling fingers and stepped out, steadying himself properly before he looked up to find Louis with an outstretched arm.

"You're dizzy, can't have you falling down in this...this state." He reasoned, taking Harry's arm before he could even utter a word. What was happening? Harry felt lost, confused and scared and lost. He saw the way Eric looked at him when they crossed paths with him on the lift, how his gaze held concern. But he did not say a word, Harry knew that Eric had learned well from the past experiences he had had with Harry and Louis.

Cow hissed at Louis the moment they walked through the door. Harry stood lifeless, gulping dryly, not knowing what was to happen. Was Louis going to beat him? Was he going to force himself on Harry? Or both? Harry felt like he was back a year ago, in the flat with Carl. Standing where he was now, near the coffee table, trembling with fear. He never wanted to feel that again, he never wanted to be violated again, to be touched without his will. He would be fine with a beating, but he won't survive if Louis tried to force himself on Harry. He was not that strong.