Chapter 5

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

I woke up on a cloud, at least it felt like a cloud. My eyes fluttered open as I sank deeper into the silk sheets.

I looked beside me and Kace was sleeping. That's odd, usually he's up. I looked at the clock beside me and then understood why he was still asleep. It was three in the morning, too early for him to wake up from his 'beauty sleep'.

I groaned at the pain in my neck as I got up. I felt groggy but I had a weird energy, like I wanted to run around the house. As tempting as it was, I ignored the urge and walked down the stairs to his study.

As weird as it sounds, even when I am kidnapped, I can't resist the urge to study what I love, Greek Mythology.

Luckily I didn't get lost and I made it to the study in one piece. My neck was throbbing and I felt a little hot, like I was getting a fever.

Uh oh, this isn't good. I think my wound is getting infected. Whatever, I'll just tell someone when they wake up.

I walked to the bookshelves filled to the brim and took out a book on Greek Mythology. I opened it and my eyes widened. The pages were worn and it looked like the book was thousands of years old.

I smiled as I looked at the pictures. They were old, looking like pictures you would find in a museum. It looked as if they were drawn around the time of Olympus and the gods.

I flipped through all the pages, looking at the picture for every one of them, stopping only to see the magnificent drawing of Hercules.

He was standing tall, giving the illusion that he was taller and bigger. His sword was raised in the air as he held the head of a lion. It was truely magnificent.

As I flipped the pages I suddently stopped on one that had reminded me of Kace. It was Erebus, god if shadows. The picture for him was captivating. It was a man, wearing a dark cape, the hood up. The artist only allowed a small portion of his face to be shown. One dark eye with a glint and a slight smirk. Behind him, in the shadows, you could see monsters in the shadows and I could just imagine his smile growing as his monsters caused trouble.

Even though Kace has shown kindness, I still felt like part of him could be like Erebus. That made me feel a little uneasy but I pushed the thought aside as I flipped through the book.

I jumped as hands lay on my shoulders.

"Sorry," he said.

"What are you doing up? I thought it was too early." I said turning, now looking at him.

He gave me a concerned look, "Addilynn?" He asked, "What have you been doing?" He pulled out a cloth from his pocket and wiped down my forehead. It was only then that I realized I was sweating.

"I've, um, I've been in here reading." I said. It was then that I realized that my throat was dry, like really dry to the point of discomfort.

He then placed his cold hand to my burning up cheek, neck and forehead, I didn't want him to move his hands away but he did and I frowned. I suddently felt off, like I was not controlling my self.

"Addilynn, your burning up. How's your neck?" He asked looking be dead in the eyes.

"It's throbbing." I immediately winced at the pain now in my dry throat. "I need water," I croaked, closing my eyes to try and control the pain.

I opened my eyes to see worry and concern plastered on his handsome face. He picked me up and carried me to the kitchen. He set me on the counter and handed me a cup of water which I didn't hesitate to down it all.

I set the glass down and screamed as Kace ripped off the bandages on my neck.

"What was that for?" I asked.

He ignored me and got to work, "Addilynn, this is going to sting." He looked at me apologetically.

Suddently he shoved something into my neck and I screamed in pain. Sting, my ass, that shit hurt like hell. It took every once of strength I had to not thrash around.

He pulled it out and the immediate pain vanished but it was still stinging.

I then winced and flinched as he rubbed something on the wound, but as he kept rubbing, it started to feel better. Once he stopped, I finally opened my eyes as he wrapped my neck with the new bandages.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. His hand was resting gently on my neck and I suddently leaned forward and leaned my face into the crook of his neck.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"Your welcome," he whispered back.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and he wrapped his around my waist. He picked me up off the counter and I wrapped my legs around him as he carried me upstairs.

He set me on his bed but I still didn't let go. I was still in a buzz from the pain and I loved the feeling of him being this close to me.

He chuckled as he fell on top of me on the bed, me still wrapped around him.

"Addilynn, sweetheart, you're going to have to let go." He whispered in my ear.

"No," I demanded, "Not yet."

He only let out another chuckle. God, how I loved his laugh, it was so sexy.

"Okay, fine." He agreed.

I smiled and took in his intoxicating scent. He smelt like rain, the smell you get right before it rains. It was captivating and I didn't want to stop smelling it.

Soon my eyes closed and I was asleep.

Okay I want to start of by thanking all of you for reading!! Second this is dedicated to zacharyspirit and _Bavai_ for being the first to vote and comment!

I hope you liked it!

Please vote!

Comment!

And Share!

~Cayla