Chapter 17

Listen to No Rest For The Wicked by Lykke Li while reading :)

~Kace's P.O.V.~

Jeremiah had escaped and now I had to find the girls and Addilynn.

Once in the woods I followed their trail until I found them cowering in fear.

"It's okay, I'm taking you somewhere safe." I encouraged and they followed.

I led them past the burning building and into my underground safe house.

I stopped Kat before she went in.

"They took her and Sally," she cried.

"Who took them?" I asked.

"Werewolves."

"I'm going to find them," I said.

When they were all in the safe house I told Kat to be strong and watch after them. They would be safe in there, no one could find them.

I never thought Jeremiah would go so low and work with werewolves. But at least I would be able to track them by their God awful smell.

I started down a path in the woods until I found their scent and I followed it until I got to a cave.

I'm here. I said through the bond.

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

I woke up with a throbbing head and a bloody nose.

I heard Jeremiah's voice, "He's already here?" 

Someone else answered, "Yes, what would you like us to do with him?"

He was silent as he thought. I took the time to look over and see Sally huddled in the corner.

I blinked the blurriness from my eyes before crawling over to her and holding her in my arms, "It's going to be okay, Sally. Kace is coming." 

Jeremiah came into the room, "Aw, how sweet, you think you'll actually survive."

I turned and glared at him, "I understand why you have me, but why Sally, she's only a kid."

"Well Sally has the kind of blood that I love, I figured I'd have my men snatch her so I could have a snack in between the excitement."

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to let you get anywhere near her." I hissed.

"Oh, really?" He smirked and looked at the two men beside him and nodded. They slowly approached and I placed Sally behind me as I stood up, my head still throbbing.

When the first guy lunged, I lifted my knee and got him right between the legs, hard. He fell to his knees holding himself as he groaned.

The next guy glanced down at his friend before lunging at me. I swung my hand and it made contact with his face. It barely hurt him, but it felt like my hand was breaking. "Ow!" I yelled as I held my hand close.

He smiled and grabbed me by the neck holding me up again the wall. I gritted my teeth and clawed at his hands.

"How is that working out for you?" Jeremiah laughed.

Sally was sobbing again but she stood up, "Stop!" She screamed.

I tried to look over at her, but my vision was going out. I just shook my head and tried to wave her away.

I had stopped kicking now and the man smiled. Just then Sally charged and rammed into the man choking me. It shocked him enough to loosen his grip on my neck as he looked down at her. I was able to tear his hand away and I fell to the floor, gulping in air.

The man flung Sally across the room and I had gotten enough energy and breath to get up and ram into him, this time getting him on the ground. But the other guy was getting up and he ripped me off of him.

"You're just not strong enough." Jeremiah said.

I was starting to agree as they both cornered me. The started kicking and punching until Jeremiah ordered them to stop, "That's enough, I want her recognizable when we bring my brother in here."

They backed away and out of the room, "I'll be back soon with company." Jeremiah smiled before he shut the door.

I coughed and wiped the blood from my mouth as I crawled to Sally.

My head hurt too much to do anything but see that she was okay. Once I saw she was okay, I blacked out.

***

I don't know how long I was out but when I woke up I heard Kace's voice, "What have you done?" He seethed.

"Oh don't worry brother, she's alive," Jeremiah said as my eyes fluttered open, "See, I told you." 

I looked over to see Kace being held back by the two men that beat me, Jeremiah standing beside them. Sally was beside me, watching with fear.

"Brother, I think this has gone on long enough." He growled.

"I don't think it has, you still seem to choose her over me."

"Well she doesn't enjoy other peoples pain and she's pretty good at holding a conversation without trying to con you." Kace argued.

"Whatever. Either way she'll die, so I'll let you say good bye. You have thirty seconds." Jeremiah said before Kace was thrown in and the door was shut.

Kace ran over to me and took me in his arms, "Are you okay, what hurts?" 

"Just my head, I'm okay." I smiled the best that I could. I pulled up the bottom of my shirt, revealing my stomach as I wiped the blood off of my face.

Kace turned to Sally and hugged her, "I'm going to get both of you out of here." she cried and hugged him back.

"Goodbyes are over." Jeremiah walked in.

Kace placed Sally in my arms and looked at me, Cover her eyes.

I nodded and made Sally face the wall as I held her in my arms.

Kace jumped up and ran to the door in vampire speed, he ripped off the two guy's heads and pinned his brother against the wall.

I looked away and held onto Sally, "Run!" Kace instructed.

I didn't hesitate. I held Sally close to me so she wouldn't see anything as I ran out of the cave.

I ran until I finally made it to the house, which was still burning. Thankfully I spotted Kat and she ran over. She took Sally in her arms and led me to the underground safe house.

"Where's Master?" She asked as she cleaned up my wounds.

"He's still in the cave, fighting his brother."

"He'll be okay." She smiled.

I hope so.

Wow, I'm actually not late :)

But you should know that the story is coming to an end but I'm making a sequel. I hope you enjoyed :)

~Cayla