Chapter 9

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

I woke up and Kace was staring down at me. I smiled up at him. I had a slight pain in my wrists and ankles from where the ropes had been wrapped around me.

"How are you feeling, love?" He asked.

"Fine, my wrists and ankles hurt a little," I said propping myself up with the head board.

There was a knock on the door and Kace got up and walked to. He opened it and Casey, Kat, and Abigail stood there, holding a tray.

"She doesn't need visitors." I heard him say.

"No, it's okay." I said and he looked at me.

"But Addilynn-" I cut him off.

"Kace, it's fine." I said and he sighed. The girls had shocked expressions on their face by how I just called out Kace.

They walked in with a tray of food in their hands and Kace walked out, giving us some privacy.

I suddently felt hungry and took a piece of toast from the tray as they sat at the foot of the bed.

"How are you feeling, Lynn?" They asked in unison and I laughed.

"I'm fine." I said taking another bite.

"Are you sure, we heard about what happened." Abigail said.

"Nothing happened, it almost did though." I let out a sigh and told them what happened, "When he took me, he took my to the study and tied me up and violated me. He was about to finish the job and put me through a lot of pain but he stopped. He said he would be back, and when he did come back he would finish the job." I completely lost my appetite and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry," they said and gave me a hug.

"We will give you sometime alone," Casey said and walked out, Kat and Abigail in tow.

I didn't want to be alone though, when I was alone I didn't feel safe.

When Kace walked back in he came over to me, a kind look on his face. He wiped away my fallen tear and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him too. I closed my eyes tight and said, "You heard what I said, didn't you."

"Yeah." He said. I was thankful though, because I wouldn't have to say it again.

"I'm so scared." I whispered to him, letting out a light sob.

"Don't be, love. I'm here, he won't get close to you." He reassured.

"I hope not." I said quietly.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes, "Listen, Addilynn, I will  protect you, never doubt that, ever." He said sternly and I gave him a small nod and pulled him to me again.

I held onto him tight, like if I let go I would fall to my death. He held me just the same.

When we finally pulled apart he smiled at me, "You should eat." He got up and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked, saddness spilling out in my voice.

"I'm sorry, love, but I have to work. I will be in my office if you need anything." He smiled at me and walked out.

I grabbed the plate of bacon and eggs off of the platter and began eating. As I ate, I kept thinking about him, how he made me feel so safe, so alive when I was with him. It's ironic how he makes me feel alive when he is really dead.

I smiled at the thought of him, especially the thought of him shirtless. I loved the way his back muscles flexed as he pulled off his shirt and the way his arms flexed. It was just so captivating. I could look at him all day, if only it wasn't so weird.

~Kace's P.O.V.~

I walked to my office, regret with every step. I hated that I would have to leave her all alone but she should be fine, Jeremiah would never attack during the day, he can't stand the sun. I can't either but I won't die if I stand there. Jeremiah will because he never trained his body to get used to it.

I walked to my office and got to work, sorting through papers and organizing computer files. My mind wasn't fully on work though, I was thinking about Jeremiah and Addilynn.

I kept wondering when Jeremiah would strike again, and I knew that is what he wants, he wants me to be on edge. I thought about what would happen if I let my gaurd down but then he could strike then. Jeremiah knew that this would happen to me, he has done it before.

Casey is the only one that knows because it happened with her sister. They came here together, my first slaves. I fell for her sister Catlin. Jeremiah found out and he stopped at nothing to get her away from me. Saddly he was successful. He took her, we don't even know if she is alive or dead. Casey and I haven't told anyone that.

Jeremiah knew how trying to take Addilynn would hurt me and he is doing it anyway.

I sighed and pushed him out of my mind and thought about Addilynn. She is so amazing, the effect she has on me is so crazy, no one has ever done that to me. Not even Catlin.

Maybe it's the fact that she is drop dead gorgeous without even knowing it. Or the fact that she is smarter than 1000 year old vampires I know. All these things about her just make me want her more.

I have to push her out of my head regretfully so I can get back to work.

So, what do ya think about Addilynn and Kace? Should they be able to be happy?

Please tell me your thoughts and vote!

Thx Loves!

~Cayla