Chapter 4

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

After a full day of cleaning, it was time for Kace's visitors. Early in the morning Kace woke me up and told me to go to my room. I had forgotten I fell asleep in his room.

I got up and walked to my room tiredly and fell face first into my bed. I was even too tired to pull the covers over me, and lock the door. I just figured Casey would come around and lock it.

***

I woke up to a deep voiced chuckle. My eyes shot open and I got up and looked around.

The only light was coming through the windows. Then I saw him. He came out of the shadows just like in my darkest dreams and my worst fears.

Although I felt like I needed to scream I got lost in his bright red orbs that pointed out his presence in the shadows. He walked up to the bed and my eyes were glued to his.

"Who are you?" I whispered. I'm assuming he is Kace's brother, someone I know I shouldn't be messing with but I couldn't help it.

"Jeremiah," he whispered back.

I knew what was coming before it happened but I couldn't stop it.

He climbed on the bed, my eyes still locked on his. His hand pinned my arms above my head as he sunk his teeth into my neck.

I was pulled out of my trance and screamed, as loud as I could. He put his spare hand over my mouth and I began to feel weak. I began to panic and got a burst of adrenaline. I opened my mouth and sunk my teeth into his hand. He yanked it back letting go of my neck.

I screamed again, but this time I got light headed and my eyes fluttered shut.

~Kace's P.O.V.~

I heard the first scream and my sister looked at me wide-eyed. I knew Jeremiah would try something. He said that he just was going to go look around and see if I had changed anything. I figured all the girls had their doors locked so I had nothing to worry about.

I really wasn't in a rush to go up the stairs, I figured he had just found one of them and scared them, nothing big. But then I saw it, Addilynn's door cracked open. Then I heard another scream and ran into the room, in vampire speed, and tackled Jeremiah off of her.

I pinned his neck against the wall and broke off a piece of the wooden bed frame. I stabbed the wood through his shoulder, pinning him against the wall. He let out a scream of pain and my sister ran to his side.

"Leave." I said in a deep voice, turning away from him so I could keep myself from killing him.

They didn't move so I yelled it this time, "Leave!"

My sister carried him out of the house in a flash.

"Casey!" I yelled.

She ran as fast as she could to the room and gasped when she saw it. Addilynn was bleeding out on the bed. Her lifeless body as pale as me.

"I-is s-she dead?" she breathed out.

"No." I could still hear her heart beating faintly, "Go get the rest of the girls and tell them to get the kitchen set up with stuff to patch this up." I ordered and she ran out of the room.

I tried my best to remain calm but it was hard. What is she doing to me? If this was any other slave I would have no problem staying calm. I cared about Addilynn, though.

I picked her up, her lifeless body acting like a rag doll.

I carried her down the stairs and set her on the kitchen table that the girls had put a sheet on.

I immediately grabbed a towel and pressed it to her neck, hard, trying to soak up all the blood. Her eyes shot open and she let out a pain filled scream. I guess the pain woke her up.

Her eyes darted everywhere as if looking for my brother to finish what he started. Her eyes landed on me and they seemed to hold some sense of relief. I smiled at her and got back to work.

I pulled the towel off and placed gauze in its spot. I put medical tape on the edges of the gauze to keep it in place.

I was surprised Addilynn was still awake, she must really be a fighter. She was still really pale and I knew that she needed blood.

"Casey go grab blood bags out of the fridge." I ordered.

I knew that her blood type was my favorite and that was what I had in the fridge.

Casey handed them to me and I looked into Addilynn's fighting eyes, "This is going to hurt like hell." I said simply but honestly.

I found the main vain in her arm and shoved it in. She let out a scream but soon calmed herself, taking deep breaths through her nose and out of her mouth.

I let the blood sink in and went to the next one until she wasn't so pale.

I made the girls give her some space. I picked her up and started carrying her back to her room.

She watched me the whole time as I carried her, "Why are you doing this?" she slurred.

"Doing what?"

"Helping me. I can almost bet that you wouldn't have done that for any of your other slaves." she gave me a small smile, "Thank you," she said, I could tell she didn't want me to say anything else.

I got to her room and set her down on her bed.

"You need to rest. I will have Casey and the other girls bring you your meals for a few days. By then, you should be healed enough to walk." I said sternly. She really did need to rest.

"Okay." She said in a tiny voice, I could tell something was scaring her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." She lied, I could tell the the way her eyes looked away from mine.

"I don't believe you."

"Well... I-I just don't feel comfortable in here." She looked away from me completely.

I understood why, she had almost been killed in this room not even three hours ago.

"You know what, how about you stay in my room." I said it more like a statement than a question and she didn't argue.

I picked her up with ease and carried her to my room.

I laid her down and she instantly fell asleep. I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. I walked out of the room and to my office.

I sat down and got to work, it was hard to focus though, knowing Addilynn was in my room alone after what my brother had done. I don't know why I snapped, I just couldn't watch him do that to her.

I knew I would be getting a call from them sooner or later. They would probably ask me why the hell I flipped out and I would have to find an excuse.