Chapter 18

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

I didn't sleep, I just kept pacing. I was so scared of what Jeremiah would do to Kace. Kat and Sally tried to get me to calm down and rest but I didn't want to.

"Addilynn?" I heard him from behind me.

I turned and ran for him, not paying attention to the blood on his clothes.

"Thank God you're okay." I sighed in relief.

"He won't be bothering us any more." He sighed, as if he was sad.

"I'm sorry you had to do that to your brother."

"That's not what's wrong, my brother brought that upon himself."

"Then what is it?" I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"I... I think it's time for you to go home, there's no reason for me to keep you here. I think you'll be safer there." He said simply.

I felt a knot in my throat, "W-What?"

"Come on, I know you miss your parents." He smiled weakly.

"But I'm gonna miss you, and the rest of the girls." I said a tear falling down my cheek.

He wiped it away, "No, no. No tears, my love. I'm trying to keep you safe."

"From what? You killed Jeremiah." I cried.

"I know, but my sister is very fond of him, she will be coming for revenge."

"Why can't we just have it easy for a while?" I asked in defeat.

"Because I'm a monster and I have enemies. We will see each other again, love, I promise." 

"I don't want to leave."

"Don't say that, I know you want to see your family and your friends. This is for the best. Besides you'll never be apart from me, I'll always be here." He said placing his hand on my chest.

"Don't start that cheesy bullshit." I said pushing away his hand away.

But it's true, we mated.  He said trough the mind link.

"Why don't we make it complete, turn me." I said, running out of options.

He shook his head, "No, that is a big decision, you have to really think about that and I know that right now you aren't thinking this trough."

"Please don't leave me." I was begging now.

"I'm not leaving you, Addilynn, I'm taking you home." 

I finally sighed in defeat, "This won't be the last time I see you right?" 

He paused then smiled, wiping the hair from my face, "I hope not."

He cupped my cheek and brought his lips down to mine, it was so soft and sweet, "I'm going to miss that." I whispered.

"You need to say good bye to the girls." He said simply.

I nodded and slowly walked over to where they were laying, some asleep, others awake.

Thankfully Kat and Sally were awake so I told them bye first.

"I really hope I see you again." Kat said as she hugged me.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said as I gave her one last squeeze before letting her go.

"Me too." she said.

Next was Sally. She jumped into my arms and squeezed me, "I'm really gonna miss you. Thank you for saving my life." 

"I'm gonna miss you too." I smiled. "But I'll see you all again." I added.

With that, I said bye to the rest of them and Kace walked me to the car. It was almost day light so we had to hurry.

He was dropping my off at the police station. I leaned over the console and kissed him, "This isn't goodbye, you hear me? If you don't come and see me in a month, I will track you down."

He smiled, "Okay."

"I love you." I said finally letting the tears fall.

"I love you, too. So much." He whispered, our foreheads pressed together.

"You need to go now." He sighed.

I nodded, wiping away my tears. I didn't say anything else, just walked out of the car and watched him drive away.

Once I got into the station the person behind the desk asked, "Addilynn?"

"That would be me." I smiled weakly.

"Who dropped you off just now?" She asked frantically.

"Just the love of my life." I mumbled.

***

My parents were down at the station in five minutes. They instantly showered me with hugs and kisses. I smiled, I was really happy to see them. But also sad to leave Kace.

"Where have you been?" My mother cried.

"With someone who took very good care of me." I said simply.

"You must be joking," My dad said with wide eyes, "You have bruises and cuts all over you." 

"That wasn't his fault, it was his brothers. It's all just a really long story, I don't want to explain." 

"Well honey, the police are going to want to ask you a few questions." My mom explained.

"That can wait, though." My dad added.

I didn't want to think about Kace now, I had just left him. I didn't know when I would see him again.

You'll see me soon, love. He said and I smiled.

"I missed you." I smiled.

"Oh, we missed you too, so much." They smiled.

***

I told my story to the police, leaving out the supernatural, leaving in the crazy.

As figured they thought I had Stockholm Syndrome, but to have that, Kace would have had to be my kidnapper and that was so far from the truth, but the police weren't believing my story.

I miss you already,  I said into the mind link.

~Kace's P.O.V.~

It was really hard letting Addilynn go, but I had to. It's for her own good. My sister, Scarlet, wouldn't dare be seen with a human, let alone converse with one even to get something or someone she wants. That is why Addilynn is safer with her parents.

I don't know if I will ever forget my brother's bone-chilling words right before I killed him, "You can never get rid of me." He laughed manically, "I'm like the fucking Hydra. When you kill me, another two replace me."

I knew Scarlet would take his place, but who else would join her with the terrorizing?

So, that's it. Slave To You is complete, I have already published the sequel, Bound To You, so go check it out, if you want ;)

I hope you enjoyed, if not, that's cool too.

~Cayla

P.S. I just saw that this is #74 in Vampire!!!! Thank you so much Loves!