Chapter 16

~Addilynn's P.O.V.~

It had only been two days since the dance, everything was going smoothly until it all went down hill.

I was in the kitchen with the girls when there was a loud bang. The next thing I knew I smelt smoke.

I looked at the girls and yelled, "Get out, hurry!"

They scrambled for the exit and I made sure they were all out before I went out. Right as I went out the back I saw the fire in the front.

"Kace!" I yelled, hoping he would hear me. I tried again, "Kace!"

The smoke was getting to me but I want to make sure Kace made it out.

Finally I couldn't breathe and I walked out of the house. All the girls stood outside watching the house go up in flames. I couched and struggled for oxygen but when I finally caught my breath I made sure they were all there.

"Where's Kace?" I asked.

"We don't know." They said.

He was still in the house I thought, scared.

Addilynn? I heard someone say in my mind.

What? I questioned in my thoughts.

It's me Kace, I'm fine where are you love?

I'm in the front, what happened?

Jeremiah is here, be careful.

In seconds Kace was in front of me and I wrapped my arms around him.

"What are we going to do?" I asked, scared. Jeremiah was here and he could and probably would kill one of us.

"I'm going to kill him." He looked in my eyes. "You guys stay together and hide in the woods."

It was dark and the only thing that made it so I could see was the burning house.

I nodded and he kissed my forehead, "Be safe." he whispered.

"You too." I said and walked the girls to the forest and told them that we were going to hide here while Kace took care of everything.

***

We were hiding in the woods behind a row of trees. No one would be able to see us.

But werewolves could smell us.

We huddled closer when we heard a howl. Then it felt like I stopped breathing when we heard the leaves get crushed under someone's feet.

It all happened in slow motion. The werewolf found our hiding spot and and grabbed me, then another one appeared and grabbed Sally.

I screamed along with everyone else. But the werewolves didn't want them, they just wanted Sally and me. The girls huddled together trying not to make a sound as we were taken away.

Sally was sobbing and reaching for me as I did the same.

"Let her go, you bastard." I spit at the werewolf holding Sally, "She's just a child."

The werewolf holding me growled.

Just before the werewolf knocked me out I heard Kace, I'm coming for you.

Then everything went black.

I'm a horrible person, I'm so sorry for not updating. It has been a long while. But hopfully I update soon. I have a plan for the next chapter, I just have to actually write it :)

Again, I'm SO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LONG WAIT.

Especially sorry to Arishahasan who asked for an update but it came extremely late. Forgive me?

I hope you still read this :) I love y'all!

~Cayla