Discovery

⚠️Chapter Warnings⚠️
⚠️ Kidnapping ⚠️
⚠️ Beginning ofTorture ⚠️

For twenty-four years I had lived a normal life. I had two adoring parents, wonderful friends, and I was even going places in the world! I was going for a degree in pharmaceuticals because I loved the goal of helping people. Ever since I was little plants and herbs always interested me and I liked learning about their medical properties. My mother suffered chronic pain so she experimented with different herbs and flowers. I worked to figure out which herbs and plants would fit well together to try and help my mother. Once I got into medical school though? I was on a bright path. I had found the ultimate pain medicine but it was non addictive! You would be pain free for several hours. Every eight hours you take a pill and you're pain free for that time but if you forgot or skipped a dose it wouldn't harm you in any way.

It was a special formula I had spent literally my entire life working on and I had succeeded. My professors helped me get it to the Food and Drug Administration. I was on my way to present my new discovery. All of my work; paperwork, research, reports, everything I had for the drug, was loaded and ready to be handed over. I was anxious but excited, on my way to the FDA for an interview in order to present my drug and hopefully change the world. I was going to give chronic pain sufferers a new chance at life! I make it to the city and her interview isn't until the next morning so I make sure everything was safe and locked up before I go out to dinner.

I wasn't stupid. I knew it was dangerous for a woman to go out into the city by herself but I wasn't this meek scientist who never left my lab either. I had done plenty of defensive training because you just never knew. My trainers wanted me to become an official fighter but that's not what I wanted to be strong for. In case anything were to happen I would always be ready. I had a few relationships and each one ended up in disaster. I was left heartbroken and sometimes so damaged I was surprised I even made it this far in life so I wasn't interested in romance. I was still young and a new scientist so protection and body guards weren't a thought.

I could have either found something life changing or I found something that wouldn't work at all and I'd have to start from square one again. It didn't bother me though, that's what I went to school for, interned for, worked for, and lost sleep for. It was me life and I absolutely loved it! I go out to a nice upscale restaurant to celebrate the chance I was getting. Plus, it had the best seafood in the city which was a huge plus! I was seated at a table and I could feel the stares but I ignored them and enjoyed my time by myself. I was a confident and strong woman, unbreakable.

"Someone celebrating?" A man asks, dressed in a crisp suit with a glass of champagne, my gaze coming to him.

"Indeed. I may just have what it takes to make my mark on the world," I explain with a smile as he settles down. "Doctor Seth Mengele. What a surprise. Shouldn't you be in a lab making the next great medical invention? Care for a seat?"

"You would be Y/N L/N. I will be in the FDA meeting. I've read all of your research and I'm amazed! So young and discovering a medicine that can change people's lives for the better! It's an honor to get to meet you first," He grins, offering a hand before taking his seat.

"The honor is all mine Doctor! Not to gush but you've been my inspiration! The discoveries you've made, the things you've done for people! It's not about the money. You just want to help!" I gush with excitement.

"Tell me Y/N, what inspires you?" He asks, Y/N failing to notice a not so right glimmer in his eyes.

"My mother! She's suffered with it and I ended up with it too. Some days the pain is so bad you'd do anything to make it stop and I wanted to do that. The only problem is the addiction part. To keep increasing the doses until they're deadly because your body is accustomed to it? No way! The goal is to have those herbs and vitamins be part of your diet. You're taking a vitamin, not a pain pill!" I breathe. "Imagine how it would change the world!"