Nick x Reader (Hard Rain: part 3)

You stood there in the water and sighed, you were getting a little sick of feeling this shitty and confused. You kicked around the water for a second.

"Hey," Nick walked up to you and he stood behind you and looked at you.

You sighed, "What?" You turned around to face.

Nick looked down for a second then looked back up at you, "Listen," He rested his hand on your shoulder, "I'm not one to really care about other people but- You don't seem like yourself.." He rubbed your back a little.

You crossed your arms and blushed softly.

He raised an eyebrow and tried to read you, "What's got you down, doll?" He pulled you a little bit closer so you could focus on him.

You looked away nervously "Nothing..."

"C'mon, it ain't nothin', somethings clearly upsetting you and I'll be damned if I stand by and watch you feel that way."

You stood there for a second, all your thoughts conflicting one another. He didn't really care about your feelings..did he? But then again, there was Ellis, but you guys were just friends, right? But Nick was jealous, wasn't he? He only came in to make sure you weren't doing Ellis or something like that. You felt your legs go weak and you fell to your knees and let your tears fall.

"Hey hey hey.." Nick got down on one knee and grabbed your face and made you look at him, "You're okay..Everything's fine hon.." He opened his arms up to you

You felt the world crashing and you laid your head on his chest and let everything out, crying out your sorrows.

He rubbed your back and kissed the top of your head. "It's okay.. Everything's gonna be perfectly fine y/n" His voice was like softened butter to your ears. He stroked your hair and closed his eyes, holding on to you.

You took a couple of gasp-breaths through your sobs, "N-Nick.." You looked down and bit your lip, trying to hold in your surplus of tears.

"Y/n.." He softly chuckled, "what's up..?"

You sniffed and and wiped your tears on your forearm. "Y-You know when I..y'know..said that I loved you..?"

He hesitantly nodded, "yeah..what about it..?" He continued holding you, not wanting to let you go when you felt this way.

You hesitantly spoke "Why- why did you just..walk away..You didn't even say anything or- or-" You choked on your words.

He sighed, "I...I dunno...I wasn't thinking right." He looked down. 

You hesitantly looked up at him.

He looked into your woe ridden eyes. He grabbed your face and he rested his forehead on yours gently. "Y/n.."

You wiped the tears off your cheeks and nodded slightly.

Nick grabbed one of your hands and kissed the back of your palm. "Listen.." He sighed a little, "When I did that, I wasn't sure I really did like you.."

You looked down and teared up.

"But.." He lifted your chin up so you could look at him. "Seeing you hurt like that bothered me beyond belief." He wiped the tears off your face.